Ferrari ready to move on (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thats why we should get Puyol with the sale of Trez, move Thuram into the center and pair him with Mexes. Leave Ferrari as a backup for Lilian.

Puyol-----Thuram-----Mexes-----Zambrotta
Ferrari

Now thats a world class defense that Juve could have!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Apparently Ferrari played a good game today vs Portugal. I prefer Mexès and other defenders before him though.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
i have seen ferrari couple of times... but definitey after seen the wonderfull tackles he did today against portugal...this guy will be an improve to MOntero´s legcutter tackles!.

He is definitely a good prospect... lets go for him.
:LOL:
Hydde my friend, you havent lost your sense of humor!:D.

Anyway I agree with all those who reckon Ferrari is going to be WC defender one day. I followed him form Azzurini days and I have been hugely impressed.
However, having seen Mexes in CL, the guy has assured me that he is the one for future. He was very good against Arsenal in Highbury and he has Nesta-esque potential IMO.

Stuart,

I totally agree. Both Ferrari and Mexes is tremendous young talent but we may need some experienced defender to anchor defence. Ferrara can still play but he cannot sustain his performance for the whole season now given his age.

Andrea Becchi
I love the lineup but I cant imagine Barca selling Puyol.
1) Puyol is Catalan through and through hence fans love him.
2) Barca has pretty decent chance of making the CL, and hence there will try to enforce the rather than sell.
However, it would be my dream to pick up such outstanding defender.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But if Barca want Trez, then the only way to get him would be to open up the wallet widely or hand over Puyol and give half the money. I hope that Barca will make the wrong decision and give up Puyol for Trez! Hey, it could happen.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
But if Barca want Trez, then the only way to get him would be to open up the wallet widely or hand over Puyol and give half the money. I hope that Barca will make the wrong decision and give up Puyol for Trez! Hey, it could happen.
Sincerely so! .

Anyway I wouldnt mind Ferrari though.
Anyone who saw Azzurini play will know that he was the leader of defence and not Bonera!
:)

Apr 1, 2004
IMO, it would be trez + $ to get Puyol, not the other way around..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
what was your second thought. "man if i was a mod i would move it the appropriate place"

sorry couldnt resist :D
:rolleyes:

Isn't it in the right place though?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Thats why we should get Puyol with the sale of Trez, move Thuram into the center and pair him with Mexes. Leave Ferrari as a backup for Lilian.

Puyol-----Thuram-----Mexes-----Zambrotta
Ferrari

Now thats a world class defense that Juve could have!
I agree with you, but if we get Mexes and Puyol, Ferrari is not needed, as we have Legrottaglie and Ferrara, Birindelli........as back-up. Ferrari + Mexes + Puyol = very unrealistic!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    I say sell Thuram, replace him with Trabelsi, and get Mexes and Ferrari for central defence.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Not a bad idea, but I doubt we can sell Thuram! He is above 30 and didn't have the best season. I think, Lilian will come back next season to his best form. IMO he would be the best partner for Mexes, who doesn't speak one word italian, and is still very young! Lilian could help him more than Ferrari, who couldn't even communicate that good with Mexes. Ferrari is a good player, but I would buy Mexes for a low price, sell Trezeguet (but only if we can get a good replacement) and get Puyol from Barca for free. Add Parisi instead of Pessotto, and you have my team.
    Thats the cheapest and IMO best option. Then we have:

Puyol - Thuram - Mexes - Zambrotta
    Birindelli - Ferrara - Legrottaglie - Parisi

+ Iuliano or Montero. One of them has to leave!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)