Ferrara 500 games!! (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Ferrara makes Maradona call
Posted by Alex | Football Italia

Ciro Ferrara is hopeful that Diego Armando Maradona will be a part of his retirement celebrations next month.

The Juventus veteran will quit football at the end of this season but not before a testimonial game on June 9.

The match will take place at Napoli’s San Paolo stadium between two teams made up of his former colleagues during spells at both clubs.

"I don’t want people to think that I am saying that Diego will come in an effort to boost the attendance at the game," said the 36-year-old.

"I spoke with Diego in the week and he’s happy to take part. However, I can’t say for certain that he will be there.

"I just hope that Maradona can make it so that he can return to the arena to salute what is still his public."

Ferrara and Maradona were teammates during the club’s two Scudetto wins in 1987 and 1990.

The veteran defender has gone on to win six more League titles following his 1994 move to the Old Lady.

Apr 26, 2004
It was a magnificent party, with Naples’ San Paolo packed by enthusiast supporters that loudly paid homage to his outstanding career: Ciro Ferrara bade farewell to football on a moving night, attended by all of his friends, old Napoli teammates and most recent ones at Juventus, whom faced each other in a funny and goliardic game.

Man of the night was naturally Ciro, who acting as a real gentleman left space for his dear friend Diego Armando Maradona, returning to Naples after 14 years and welcomed by the whole city with great passion: ‘I’m happy, it was a marvelous party – commented Ciro in tears at the end of the celebration – I want to thank everybody for their presence, the friends of Napoli and Juventus and of course all the public. They gave me a memorable emotion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)