Fernando Torres to Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If you think about it, no forward should have to go back into the midfield. That said, Torres has shown the ability to stay on the ball and create, which might translate into a decent partnership with Crouch or Kuyt.

As far as the money issue goes, kudos to Atletico for pushing Liverpool's pockets to the limit. But honestly, as a Liverpool supporter I don't care that we paid so much for him, this purchase shows commitment to the club from the owners which is something we've wanted for a while. And truthfully, none of the other players mentioned in this thread would have come any cheaper. Most teams knew we were desperate to get a forward and would have taken a lot from us too.

On another note I'm more excited about Lucas Lieva making his debut than Torres, but thats just me.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If you think about it, no forward should have to go back into the midfield. That said, Torres has shown the ability to stay on the ball and create, which might translate into a decent partnership with Crouch or Kuyt.

As far as the money issue goes, kudos to Atletico for pushing Liverpool's pockets to the limit. But honestly, as a Liverpool supporter I don't care that we paid so much for him, this purchase shows commitment to the club from the owners which is something we've wanted for a while. And truthfully, none of the other players mentioned in this thread would have come any cheaper. Most teams knew we were desperate to get a forward and would have taken a lot from us too.

On another note I'm more excited about Lucas Lieva making his debut than Torres, but thats just me.
god knows how lucas is spose to fit into that midfield especially as sissoko has signed on to stay

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
god knows how lucas is spose to fit into that midfield especially as sissoko has signed on to stay
i think benitez will be going back to his 3-5-2 formation esp for away games there is a strong link to heinze as well he could play as left side cb with this formation as least 3 of the centre midfielders could play thats what i think personally

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i think benitez will be going back to his 3-5-2 formation esp for away games there is a strong link to heinze as well he could play as left side cb with this formation as least 3 of the centre midfielders could play thats what i think personally
Reina

Carragher - Agger - Heinze

Gerrard - Lucas Leiva - Mascherano - Xabi Alonso - Riise

Crouch - Torres

:confused: I'm not sure how that would work unless Finnan plays right-wing. Really I don't understand what Liverpool are doing with all these midfielders. They're wasting players.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Im pretty sure Rafa will play three central midfielders at a time. So basically he will get mixed and matched in different combinations as comes with the rotation system.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Reina

Crouch - Torres

:confused: I'm not sure how that would work unless Finnan plays right-wing. Really I don't understand what Liverpool are doing with all these midfielders. They're wasting players.
It's called a monopoly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well buddy, I shall do the talk to you tomorrow then. What are you up to his weekend?

By the way, I hope you saw the Brazil - US match today.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well buddy, I shall do the talk to you tomorrow then. What are you up to his weekend?

By the way, I hope you saw the Brazil - US match today.
Yeah man Ill be around until about 430.

The Brazil match was probably one of the best Ive seen in a while. Zizzou was the man this whole tournemant.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah man Ill be around until about 430.

The Brazil match was probably one of the best Ive seen in a while. Zizzou was the man this whole tournemant.
Zizzo was fucking sick indeed. He's one of the fastest players we have ever had in our possession without a doubt. Apart from him and the exploits of Adu like usual in this tournament, I was also impressed with Szetella, Rogers and Beltran. The latter looks like our little own Hugo Ibarra down the right flank.

I haven't been so excited for a match since the Italia game of last year. Bradley should start implementing some of these U-20 players into the full squad because they showed more maturity and talent than anything we have seen at the Gold Cup or Copa America. When our boys can beat some of the top prospects from the best footballing country on earth, that certainly gives us a lot of hope. We even Samba-d our way through parts of the match today. Fucking brilliant. :tup:

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
Reina

Finnan- Gerrard- Mascherano - Xabi Alonso - Riise
(Lucas or sissoko as subs) slotting in the centre for some games
Crouch - Torres

actually that why they want or need alves to make this formation tick , Lucas is known to play in the hole as well so it could be 4-3-1-2 or 3-4-1-2 or 4-4-1-1 or
some crazy formation hopefully this gives them an edge and not confuse them

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Reina

Crouch - Torres

IMO Finnan would do well as a wingback in a 5 man defence..he's good enough offensively..Gerrard should be played in his natural position next season..something like this would be good:

---------------------------------Reina----

----------------Carra----------????-----------Agger

-----Finnan---------------------------------------------Risse

----------------------Mascherrano--------Alonso----

----------------------------------Gerrard-----

-----------------------------Kuyt----------Torres

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
IMO Finnan would do well as a wingback in a 5 man defence..he's good enough offensively..Gerrard should be played in his natural position next season..something like this would be good:

---------------------------------Reina----

----------------Carra----------????-----------Agger

-----Finnan---------------------------------------------Risse

----------------------Mascherrano--------Alonso----

----------------------------------Gerrard-----

-----------------------------Kuyt----------Torres

:agree:

riza

Jul 20, 2002

Exactly.

riza

Jul 20, 2002
Reina

Crouch - Torres

What about the classic 4-4-2:

Reina

Carragher-Agger-Finnan-Heinze

Gerrard-Lucas Leiva-Xabi-Riise

Crouch-Torres

I should have say that Steve Finnan could stay on the center (backline), or maybe Rafa has another chance to get another central defender.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What about the classic 4-4-2:

Reina

Carragher-Agger-Finnan-Heinze

Gerrard-Lucas Leiva-Xabi-Riise

Crouch-Torres

I should have say that Steve Finnan could stay on the center (backline), or maybe Rafa has another chance to get another central defender.
lol finnan at centerback??why not carra as CB and finnan as Right back

And how come Kuyt and Mascherrano arent in that lineup??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Finnan at centerback. Haha. I laugh. The probability of Lucas and Sissoko sitting on the bench all season is pretty high, so hopefuly their talent will be wasted. That would be great, I hate Pool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)