Fernando Torres to Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Apparantly he's passed his medical and it's expected to be official in the next few hours. Garcia from Liverpool has moved to Atletico already.

Rumour has it Liverpool has decided to pay his buy out clause at some 40 mil €.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Atletico's official site:

http://www.clubatleticodemadrid.com/en/atleticoaldia/noticias.asp?id=1435

Fernando Torres has been transferred to Liverpool and will give a press conference on Wednesday, July 4th
    Club Atlético de Madrid has reached an agreement with Liverpool Football Club in regards to the transfer of Fernando Torres. The player, accompanied by Mr. Enrique Cerezo, will give his final farewells in a closing press conference on Wednesday, July 4th in the VIP Room at Vicente Calderon Stadium at 10:00 in the morning. Press and media can obtain passes by sending an e-mail to the following address: [email protected].

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    Luis Garcia is moving the other way and the total value of the deal is believed to be around 35-36 mil, I think, including Garcia ... actually, the money Pool will invest in his salary is even more - it looks like he got himself a 6-year deal worth 7+mil euros/season.

Congrats to Pool and Benitez, they just got owned ;)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    lol actually hes overrated, sky sports were saying how his assist and goal scoring rate is inferior to bellamy,kuyt and even crouch of all people, so they spend 30 mill on a striker who statistically is worse than those 3 whom 2 are not exactly well rated by most, i think arsenal made the best purchase with da silva he will get 14+ this season and at least 20 from there on, torres averages about 14 a season, and athletico replace him with forlan who has scored over 19 since moving to spain. i think torres is a waste of money, and im glad juve didnt make such a move

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    I'm actually quite certain that this is one of those times when statistics doesn't matter. Torres is better than Bellamy, Kuyt and Crouch in my opinion. He'll come good at Anfield, I'm sure.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I still doubt he will succeed in England, he's a big gamble and a pretty overrated too. The money Liverpool payed for him and salary they are going to pay is just ridicoulus. However he could be biggest hit or biggest flop next season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    I still doubt he will succeed in England, he's a big gamble and a pretty overrated too. The money Liverpool payed for him and salary they are going to pay is just ridicoulus. However he could be biggest hit or biggest flop next season.
    exactly torres will be another morientes but at a bigger risk, and torres' stats doesnt have much to show for the 30 mill spent on him, i think this was just hesistation buying

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
    Apr 25, 2007
    gotta agree with Badass Devil...

Torres is bought to be a 20+ goal striker... yet he hasn't even done it in La Liga before...

he's goin' to be another Bellamy or Kuyt type of striker... fast like Bellamy... lots of runnin' like Kuyt... but still not the 20+ goal striker Liverpool is cravin' for...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    zZ[-_-]Zz;1397029 said:
    gotta agree with Badass Devil...

Torres is bought to be a 20+ goal striker... yet he hasn't even done it in La Liga before...

he's goin' to be another Bellamy or Kuyt type of striker... fast like Bellamy... lots of runnin' like Kuyt... but still not the 20+ goal striker Liverpool is cravin' for...
    yeah but like i said bellamy,kuyt and crouch's goal and assist in ratio to per min played is far far superior to torres, thats a fact if i can note down that statistic next time sky sports news mention it i shall but even i was shocked that crouch' goalscoring rate is the best at liverpool, with kuyt and bellamy behind him. lol i just cannot wait to see torres flop, and end up back in spain for 10 mill

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
    Apr 25, 2007
    well... goalscorin' rate is not really what Benitez is lookin' for i'm sure... else Kuyt wouldn't have started in the CL final... he hasn't scored a single CL goal for Liverpool until that final...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    exactly torres will be another morientes but at a bigger risk, and torres' stats doesnt have much to show for the 30 mill spent on him, i think this was just hesistation buying
    very risky transfer considering how poorly a lot of spanish players tend to play abroad, but Benitez will give him the best possible chance of succeeding.

i have to say everytime i see Torres i am disappointed, far too much hype over him IMO. But we will see but i dont see him being the goalscorer liverpool desperatly need.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Feels like he could do anything from the Bellamy to the Henry. Don't dare to call it a stupid nor a great transfer by rafa.
    Excatly :agree: He could shine but also he could fail li noone. And the another negative thing is that many will expect of him to score "thousand" goals and huge pressure will be on him...

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Though doesn't it feel like he thrives under pressure? I know he looks like a scared little pokémon but I think he did good for Spain in the WC and you can always count on him making Puyol look stupid in the Torres - Barca games.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    very risky transfer considering how poorly a lot of spanish players tend to play abroad, but Benitez will give him the best possible chance of succeeding.

i have to say everytime i see Torres i am disappointed, far too much hype over him IMO. But we will see but i dont see him being the goalscorer liverpool desperatly need.
    i too am very dissapointed, in all my years ive watched torres i think ive only seen 1 good performance, not brill but a good one, and that was at the recent wc. benitez obviously cant get the best out of all his spanish players morientes for one, and luis garcia was for me a little dissapointing of late

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)