Fernando Llorente (11 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Rarely agree with Nz but I do here, Vucinic was our much needed link between MF and attack in a 3-5-2
Mirko made our attack click in the final 3rd, Nando shins it 30 yards to the opposition. Big difference. Credit where it's due he was in the right place at the right time in the Madrid games but he still looks shite against bad opposition.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Even if Morata has made a dog's breakfast of several good chances this year, at least when he plays, he creates quite a few chances... There's a reason that he has 4 goals, the same number as Llorente, in about half the time on the pitch, even with spurning several very good chances.

When Llorente plays right now, we look terribly inept as a team on offense and require individual skill and moments of magic from players such as Tevez and Pogba, or a Pirlo free kick to create something. Our attacking play is terribly disjointed and out of sync with Llorente on the pitch.

There's really no excuse to have played him the entire 90 minutes plus injury time against the Rats, if we were planning on starting him again tomorrow. He was awful. Just fucking awful. And contributed nothing to game. It makes no sense at all to have done this and to start him again tomorrow, and it's terrible squad rotation.

ergt

Dec 7, 2014
Nando nowadays is one of 3th best strikers in europe,as a bomber. With mandukic and zceko. In my opinion upper level technically than mario and edin.
He only needs decent playmakers around him

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Also, I can't believe people are saying we don't ever put the ball into the box with crosses. We're not great at it. Frankly we're quite poor, but it does happen several times a game, and when it does, Llorente is never in the right position. He's either standing right on top of the keeper, or he's 20 yards out. He seems to have mental block that stops him from being anywhere in the vicinity of where it's required to get contact with a cross in the box.

- - - Updated - - -

Nando nowadays is one of 3th best strikers in europe,as a bomber. With mandukic and zceko. In my opinion upper level technically than mario and edin.
He only needs decent playmakers around him

Are you Nando or something?

:rofl:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
He'll score and shut you all up like he did against Malmo.

He's not only got the better stats in Europe (And didn't even count the Europa League), he's got the experience and usually comes out on top on those big games. I see nothing wrong with Allegri starting him as i'd do the same. If he offers nothing Morata can always have the 2nd half.

Jul 20, 2012
He didn't shut anyone up. His goal at Malmo was a goal, but it doesn't justify his starting spot. He has been terrible this season and should be benched. Experience means shit when you aren't in form.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
As usual Football fans and their short memory.

Since when was he in form when we played Madrid? He wasn't.

He didn't get in form until later in the season when we played against Napoli. From there is when he started scoring more often.

So i say to you, bad form means shit when you got the experience for big matches. Of course, it might not be case tomorrow, he might not have a good day but your point is far from being right.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Morata isn't extremely talented, come on, let's not go that far. Pogba is.

Your question isn't the point, the point is even in bad form there's a big chance that he'll score with the right services as he's done in big matches for us. So i don't agree with al lthis whining about Allegri picking him instead of an inexperienced kid.

Jul 20, 2012
What goals has he scored this season that were extremely important besides the one against Malmo? He has made an impact in games but that was the only goal he scored in the cl this season. Against Olympiacos it was an own goal.

And regarding Morata, he is talented, pogba on the other hand is a star.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Morata has not yet the consistency you'd expect from a starter in this kind of matches and not mature enough to be a starter in a team that wants to beat Atletico and be a top dog in CL. But talking about his "problems" his chemistry with Tevez is still off, he often gets in the way of his teammates and it's not always precise in build-up situations, kind of irritating. He has great speed and is good at creating chances (not as well as converting them in goals), I do believe in him, but it's not like if we're playing Amauri in his position. Llorente has other pro, he's a team-man, better to defend the ball and creating combos with others, good in headers, cold blood in this kind of matches, often reliable in CL. TBH I'd start him tomorrow too. Preferring Morata is legit, but labeling this choice as unbelievable like if Llorente is Borriello or Bendtner, well, it isn't.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
I think that being involved in 3 goals in the CL in the last 2 matches, especially when before that we had 2 defeats and scored 0 goals could be used to his favor.

So yeah, while he might not had the top performances we expected he was still majorly important and one of the main reasons we still stand a chance.

Jul 20, 2012
3 goals in 2 matches? Which other goal are you referring to? Because Nando has started 4 of the 5 games and only has 1 goal to show.

CrimsonianKing I like you as a poster so I'll just stop lol. I know where you are coming from and I love the guy, but when you can't add to the overall game, then he should be benched.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
He had an important role in 3 goals in his last 2 CL matches, let's put it this way (Malmö goal, Olympiakos assist for Pogbas and come on, the own goal was basically his).

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
3 goals in 2 matches? Which other goal are you referring to? Because Nando has started 4 of the 5 games and only has 1 goal to show.

CrimsonianKing I like you as a poster so I'll just stop lol. I know where you are coming from and I love the guy, but when you can't add to the overall game, then he should be benched.
I guess that's not what Allegri thinks. Because he does add to the overall game. But the armchair coaching of people in this forum is obviously superior.

lakl

Mar 30, 2014

So, in your opinion, putting anyone instead of nando the team will play better and win more matches?
Allegri must be blind

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013

I said "being involved", he had 2 assists against Olympiakos in a match we scored 3 and conceded 2. And scored against Malmo, a very difficult match that that 0-0 written all over it. I'd say that's somewhat important.

The overall game doesn't matter if the end result is in your favor. He could do nothing for 80 minutes but in the last 10 if he scores or get his assists i'm a happy camper.

Jul 20, 2012
I guess that's not what Allegri thinks. Because he does add to the overall game. But the armchair coaching of people in this forum is obviously superior.
Oh he does add to the overall game? Tell me what he has added lately.

- - - Updated - - -

I said "being involved", he had 2 assists against Olympiakos in a match we scored 3 and conceded 2. And scored against Malmo, a very difficult match that that 0-0 written all over it. I'd say that's somewhat important.

The overall game doesn't matter if the end result is in your favor. He could do nothing for 80 minutes but in the last 10 if he scores or get his assists i'm a happy camper.
He had 1 assist against Olympiacos. If he scores, great I am happy, but to say that he deserves to start is crazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)