Fernando Llorente (9 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Where are you from? Llorente could be pronounced different in the Basque Country

And it's not Yorente (like in english) but I guess it's the closer you'll get with it :p
There are at least three ways to pronounce LL in Spanish. There maybe be more I'm not aware of. I don't know how you say it in Mexico.

But if you watch the video where he says his own name, that's pretty much guaranteed to be the correct pronunciation, wouldn't you say? :p

Basque is a completely different story still. The Basque language is crazy, it has nothing in common with Spanish.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
There are at least three ways to pronounce LL in Spanish. There maybe be more I'm not aware of. I don't know how you say it in Mexico.

But if you watch the video where he says his own name, that's pretty much guaranteed to be the correct pronunciation, wouldn't you say? :p

Basque is a completely different story still. The Basque language is crazy, it has nothing in common with Spanish.
I don't know how to explain it, but here LL is like a strong Y, there's almost no diference between both and very few words use LL

And yes, if Llorente says it then he's right :D I tried to hear it late last night and heard nothing like some guys said here 'Gorente or Giorente'.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't know how to explain it, but here LL is like a strong Y, there's almost no diference between both and very few words use LL

And yes, if Llorente says it then he's right :D I tried to hear it late last night and heard nothing like some guys said here 'Gorente or Giorente'.
Very few words? It's common enough. Do you not use llegar? llamar. llave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)