Fernando Llorente (3 Viewers)

Dec 24, 2012
I don't know if this is good or bad for us. Good in the sense that it gives him confidence and maybe some more experience, and promotes our team as having international players from countries as good as Spain in addition to Italy and whatever else.

But bad because, well, a rested and battle-ready Llorente is better than a jetlagged one. :D

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
There was a point in the match were Isla drilled the ball at him and he killed it stone dead with one touch in mid air, and played it off to Tevez I think.

Was fucking majestic.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Although he has his bad moments, Llorente's first touch, intelligence and passing is 23928392832938 times better than Matri's. No comparison. Thanks God Milan paid 12M for him. Lol.
Matri's situation at Milan, is more a reflection of the state of the team than the player himself. 12m must be overpaying in this market, but I wouldn't say his value is much less, especially in Italy. Also, he's a better player than we are seeing at Milan.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I don't know if this is good or bad for us. Good in the sense that it gives him confidence and maybe some more experience, and promotes our team as having international players from countries as good as Spain in addition to Italy and whatever else.

But bad because, well, a rested and battle-ready Llorente is better than a jetlagged one. :D
Will probably not be jet-lagged going from Italy to Africa unless he has a layover in Shanghai.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Matri's situation at Milan, is more a reflection of the state of the team than the player himself. 12m must be overpaying in this market, but I wouldn't say his value is much less, especially in Italy. Also, he's a better player than we are seeing at Milan.
Honestly I haven't bothered to watch one single game of Milan this season. They just suck too much.

I was referring to his performances for Juventus.

He had some good moments with us, important goals, but he was clearly never good enough to play for Juve. The overall level of his performances was bad. Not skilled enough. To me he is the ultimate Cagliari/Catania kind of player. Not even close to Juve. Could also do some good in Udinese or Parma.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
True. But we sort of double-f%$ed Milan on that one: giving them a modestly successful Matri (good enough to play, but not good enough to decide many matches) and extracting enough cash to prevent them from upgrading their coach. :beppe:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I do like how he scored his leg goals using his weaker foot.

granted they werent strong strikes, but it takes skill to hit the ball well when your not balanced properly and have to use your weaker foot

edit: I jsut realized he actually scored with his right againt napoli. so yeah forget what i said. but the madrid goal counts
Both were with his right foot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)