Fernando Llorente (5 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I thought he was pretty good, he was right behind Quaglia to tap in his nearly butchered goal and right on the defender at the own goal. You can tell he has that instinct for goal, without him, they might not have scored that own goal. He worked hard all game.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Llorente impressed me a lot more in the previous game he played. I think that had to do we the fact that his movement wasn't clashing with Tevez as it was doing with Quag. That said, I felt like he didn't use his spaces as well last night. But it comes with the territory. Early days still. He should definitely be getting more game time, because he just needs a little bit of confidence to get going. I think if he gets another couple of goals in the next few games, and Tevez-Llorente could soon become the default starting pair.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
Llorente impressed me a lot more in the previous game he played. I think that had to do we the fact that his movement wasn't clashing with Tevez as it was doing with Quag. That said, I felt like he didn't use his spaces as well last night. But it comes with the territory. Early days still. He should definitely be getting more game time, because he just needs a little bit of confidence to get going. I think if he gets another couple of goals in the next few games, and Tevez-Llorente could soon become the default starting pair.
Spot on. Carlito doesn't impede on Llorente's positioning and movement as he roams quite a bit from his position and understands other players better, whereas Quags moves in lines/channels and is less of a team player than Tevez.

In saying that, Llorente's positioning has never been world class, but just good. He's just a great presence in and around the box, and drags defenders away to create space for a deeper forward/midfielder.

Great to see that he got the full 90 minutes vs Chievo. Vote of confidence from Conte. Tevez & Llorente to be our main strike pairing as planned pre-season.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
He was awful last night but in fairness our game play and formation isn't suited for a target man, Conte likes his attackers to drop back and help with building up the play and Llorente lacks that. For me he'll be useful for substitute appearances but Vucinic and Tevez have to start most of the time as they're most suited to this team and each other, I've yet to see any link up play between any other partnership baring those two.

This may make me unpopular but I wouldn't mind selling him next Summer and getting a striker more suited to this formation and team.

For the record like we had to with Diego in changing a formation to get the best out of him, Llorente like Diego isn't good enough for us to warrant that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was awful last night but in fairness our game play and formation isn't suited for a target man, Conte likes his attackers to drop back and help with building up the play and Llorente lacks that. For me he'll be useful for substitute appearances but Vucinic and Tevez have to start most of the time as they're most suited to this team and each other, I've yet to see any link up play between any other partnership baring those two.

This may make me unpopular but I wouldn't mind selling him next Summer and getting a striker more suited to this formation and team.

For the record like we had to with Diego in changing a formation to get the best out of him, Llorente like Diego isn't good enough for us to warrant that.
Don't worry, I doubt this will make you any more unpopular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)