Fernando Llorente (167 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He was awful last night but in fairness our game play and formation isn't suited for a target man, Conte likes his attackers to drop back and help with building up the play and Llorente lacks that. For me he'll be useful for substitute appearances but Vucinic and Tevez have to start most of the time as they're most suited to this team and each other, I've yet to see any link up play between any other partnership baring those two.

This may make me unpopular but I wouldn't mind selling him next Summer and getting a striker more suited to this formation and team.

For the record like we had to with Diego in changing a formation to get the best out of him, Llorente like Diego isn't good enough for us to warrant that.
I don't think he does lack that. His strength allows him to hold the ball or flick it on and that adds a lot to play. A good SS like Tevez can play a deeper role but Quagliarella ain't one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
He did a great impression last night, flapping everywhere like a fish out of water.
You obviously weren't watching the same match or weren't watching if you thought he was awful. Pretty decent perfomance for only his second start considering the circumstances.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He was awful last night but in fairness our game play and formation isn't suited for a target man, Conte likes his attackers to drop back and help with building up the play and Llorente lacks that. For me he'll be useful for substitute appearances but Vucinic and Tevez have to start most of the time as they're most suited to this team and each other, I've yet to see any link up play between any other partnership baring those two.

This may make me unpopular but I wouldn't mind selling him next Summer and getting a striker more suited to this formation and team.

For the record like we had to with Diego in changing a formation to get the best out of him, Llorente like Diego isn't good enough for us to warrant that.
Very hard to pin down the blame on him. There's a lot more to be considered before questioning his efficacy last night. For the amount of crosses and long balls we have been playing off late, Llorente would be ideal for the set up. But that apart, last night was an exception more than the rule. He was paired with Quag who himself likes to play closer to goal, but I noticed that Quag adapted to the game a little bit faster and found the right spaces, which was where he and Llorente were overlapping. But that's not to say that the latter will not make an impression in his time with us. He will do just fine in a 352 and 433 if we decide to use our wing play more efficiently.

You can't be open to selling him just yet. The season ahead is so long that he is going to get innumerable chances to find his way into our system and adapt to it. Sure, if Conte isn't convinced come May, then ok, but as things stand, we shouldn't be thinking along those lines. It's unfair to not give him a chance and write him off. His situation right now is not an easy one to be in mind you, and he's still doing a pretty decent job of it.

You obviously weren't watching the same match or weren't watching if you thought he was awful. Pretty decent perfomance for only his second start considering the circumstances.
He didn't get as involved in our build up play. I felt Quag was a little more involved yesterday, but then that also has to be down to the fact that one of them had to drop a little deeper than the other, considering they'd both end up in the box going for the same ball. He impressed me more in his first start though. Hopefully, a lot more of that to come. One thing that's clearly established though, his presence makes quite a bit of a difference in the box.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
He was awful last night but in fairness our game play and formation isn't suited for a target man, Conte likes his attackers to drop back and help with building up the play and Llorente lacks that.
No, he doesn't.

[video=metacafe;8461642/llorente_vs_sporting/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8461642/llorente_vs_sporting/[/video]

It's Conte who tells Llorente to stay in the box, which is understandble. Quag is faster. He can help with the build up play(Even though it's rarely) and run back into the box. I don't see Llorente doing it unless he's alone in a 433 for example.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Llorente - Tevez looked great vs Hellas.
Also, once again, a lot of players of our team were simply underperforming...and Biffon didnt helped it.

With Vidal, Tevez and Pogba on all cylinders..... the lorente Tevez wil look even better.

But is alsocrucial for us to get at least ONE very good offensive winger.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So , so far llorente started 2 games

Scored in the first one, would have scored in the second if the defender didnt own goal it.

In a team that clearly isnt at its best form.

How dare anyone complain about fernando. ungrateful pieces of shit

- - - Updated - - -

Also, once again, a lot of players of our team were simply underperforming...and Biffon didnt helped it.

With Vidal, Tevez and Pogba on all cylinders..... the lorente Tevez wil look even better.

But is alsocrucial for us to get at least ONE very good offensive winger.
oh Isla and Peluso in a decent form, do that adequate

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's Conte who tells Llorente to stay in the box, which is understandble. Quag is faster. He can help with the build up play(Even though it's rarely) and run back into the box. I don't see Llorente doing it unless he's alone in a 433 for example.
It also makes no sense for a 1.95m, 94kg guy to be chasing back like an insane person, he will tire far too quickly. You could see when he came off last night he was blowing as it was.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
oh Isla and Peluso in a decent form, do that adequate
Im geting tired of them. They are too unreliable. For a formation like ours, which is so dependent on the brilliance of asamoah and licht...we seriously need a world beater on the asamoah wing to take us one step above. Just like tevez is upping our level.

- - - Updated - - -

It also makes no sense for a 1.95m, 94kg guy to be chasing back like an insane person, he will tire far too quickly. You could see when he came off last night he was blowing as it was.
He was going deep too much IMO. But i think it could be because he was looking to help Quags to get into positions. Sadly, i spotted him way too behind before some of our crosses, but i think it was mainly due to fatigue in the 2nd half.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

You serious? I thought he was linking up quite well, fighting hard. A threat. He was ready to tap in Quaglia's nearly botched effort and the own goal. Diego was a CAM, Llorente is a striker, we dont need to change formation.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Im geting tired of them. They are too unreliable. For a formation like ours, which is so dependent on the brilliance of asamoah and licht...we seriously need a world beater on the asamoah wing to take us one step above. Just like tevez is upping our level.

- - - Updated - - -

He was going deep too much IMO. But i think it could be because he was looking to help Quags to get into positions. Sadly, i spotted him way too behind before some of our crosses, but i think it was mainly due to fatigue in the 2nd half.
Defensive wingers baby. Sadly this generation doesnt have Cafu/Maldini/Roberto Carlos/Zambrotta/Thuram/Di Livio etc
So we'll do with this. the creativity comes from the center anyway

and awesomoah has years before his peak

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Defensive wingers baby. Sadly this generation doesnt have Cafu/Maldini/Roberto Carlos/Zambrotta/Thuram/Di Livio etc
So we'll do with this. the creativity comes from the center anyway

and awesomoah has years before his peak
Defensive wingers have their uses.... for exmaple, when we are playing teams that want to take their game to our fields and impose themselves. IN those games, asa and licht are priceless because they can defend us from their dangerous wingers and go on the offense at the same time.

But this players are not wingers! they adapted to that role instructed by Conte, and it doesnt matter hwo good defensively they are... there will be always a time when their offensive prowess will keep us hand tied.

In games where we need to chase the game, or when peeps park the bus and have no intention to attack us...we need the ffensive wingers to open play and stretch formations... exploiting the wings with their great talent.

Im not asking for a roberto carlos. But i mean,, there must be SOMEONE capable of filling this role. It seems we will have find our own jewel, but it needs to be done.

Just for our tactical flexibility, this needs to be done.

ALso our current benchwarmers, Peluso is more of the same.... De Ceglie is a lost cause, and Isla just doesnt wanna show up.

- - - Updated - - -

Defensive wingers and attacking fullbacks, what has the football world become?
Lol wird isnt it?.
At least Bonucci can fulfill his role of "attaking fullbacks" and do not harm us. But with Licht and Asa is more sensible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)