Fernando Llorente (9 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Some textbook big centre forward stuff there from Llorente:

1. Drifts onto the centre half nearer the back post;
2. Gets blindside of the centre half so that the defender can't see Llorente and the ball, as he would ideally like to be able to do;
3. Reads the cross coming in earlier than the defender, so is able to get his arm out nice and early to block the defender from getting tight enough to be able to wrestle him; and
4. Finishes nicely.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Some textbook big centre forward stuff there from Llorente:

1. Drifts onto the centre half nearer the back post;
2. Gets blindside of the centre half so that the defender can't see Llorente and the ball, as he would ideally like to be able to do;
3. Reads the cross coming in earlier than the defender, so is able to get his arm out nice and early to block the defender from getting tight enough to be able to wrestle him; and
4. Finishes nicely.
:tup: We don't really have any other striker that offers the same kind of movement or ability in the air. His strength in holding up the ball was great as well.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im suprised no one comments on this.

This is a good habit he has. His arms are like super long... and just before the passes and crosses are shot... he always tend to distance himself and annoy defenders with is arms... without looking too aggresive and commiting a foul. He makes it look like "hustling" but infact the referee can whistle against it...the thing is, since it doesnt look that aggresive.. most of the time he goes unscatched with it.

Before the goal, he did the same against teh covering defender... and diference made by this resulted in him conecting the ball instead of the defender who missed it by centimeters.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Its been a while since I've seen those bullet headers from one of our forwards. The variety he brings to our attack is great. Instead of always playing through the middle, as was the case the past 2 years, we can stretch opposing teams who now have to be wary of the aerial threat.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I hope the refs dont consider his big size againt him when going in physical challneges. be it either him challnegin for the ball, or getting tackled.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hope the refs dont consider his big size againt him when going in physical challneges. be it either him challnegin for the ball, or getting tackled.
2 yellows in 26 La Liga matches for 886 minutes last season, zero in 32 matches for 2,236 minutes in La Liga the season before.

Your power is useless. :pado:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Valid concern, but its impossible to faul a player as strong as Llorente to the ground, without the referee noticing.

Even if its a "rigore per il milan" referee

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
2 yellows in 26 La Liga matches for 886 minutes last season, zero in 32 matches for 2,236 minutes in La Liga the season before.

Your power is useless. :pado:
i was actually serious. lookt at how refs ignore giovinco for example even though he's fouled hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)