Fernando Llorente (9 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But not just that. Tevez had loads of touches inside the box today because of the space Llorente makes. We set up alot with the ball on the corner of the box so we can play short balls or crosses. Without Llorente, defenders are anticipating short balls into tight spaces. They don't have to mark Mirko as close as Llorente. Llorente demands marking from the front and the back unlike Mirko or even most #9s.

So when we have the ball in our usual area in attack, the CBs cannot charge out and close down. Even look at the goal. Llorente was well marked, but only by one man. If you get the ball high enough, he can put it home. He demands double marking, which Mirko doesn't.

Anyone who has played CB would see Llorente's inclusion in our team as a nightmare. The cross is always on for us from anywhere on the pitch. Pogba, Pirlo and Vidal are especially good at crossing and they're our CMs so it's really tricky for a CB.
sums it up pretty well.

CBs ahd to be manmarking him the whole game

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
of course, but the media were just feeding concern into the minds of many fans
I haven't read anything from the media except for what Conte said about not fielding him against FCK and instead played Giovinco with two crossers who were crossing the ball like there was no tomorrow.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He won't score as much as he can. We simply lack a Camoranesi, Nedved or Zambrotta. As much as I dislike De Ceglie, I wouldn't mind him playing from time to time when Llorente's on the pitch.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You don't bench Llorente, you simply don't.

I see a bit of Trezeguet in him and a bit of Del Piero in Tevez, of course they're not as good as Dp-Tez but they're great and must play together.
Poor mans Ibra and poor mans Del Piero.

Sounds excellent to me.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So happy for this guy. I hope Conte learns from his mistakes now.

He won't score as much as he can. We simply lack a Camoranesi, Nedved or Zambrotta. As much as I dislike De Ceglie, I wouldn't mind him playing from time to time when Llorente's on the pitch.
Peluso.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)