Fernando Llorente (5 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
No he didn't. Bielsa sent Llorente to warm up, because he was the only back up for Aduriz. And he always came on.
There was at least one instance where he warmed up for 45 minutes, was subject to abuse from fans calling him a traitor & worse, never came on. Not to mention the times he had to train alone & be subject to the same abuse, even death threats.

Or else I guess the Athletic socios this info came from, who saw it with their own eyes at the stadium & at Lezama, are making it all up. :boh:

Luiggi

Sep 15, 2013
There was at least one instance where he warmed up for 45 minutes, was subject to abuse from fans calling him a traitor & worse, never came on. Not to mention the times he had to train alone & be subject to the same abuse, even death threats.

Or else I guess the Athletic socios this info came from, who saw it with their own eyes at the stadium & at Lezama, are making it all up. :boh:
so you suggest Bielsa should have played him without warming up or hat he had to start by some universal law or something...

Should the fans aplaud and cheer a guy that spent 2 years negotiating with the club just to leave free in his last season after been ofered 5 milion euros contract??

not in my world

anyway that's old news, one year later and here we are... different coach same nightmare from Fernando...

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
What the fvck are you doing here anyways? What do you want from Nando now? He should be something of the past for you (at least if you're a normal person). Go cheer for your fvckin Athletic Dildao. You don't see us chase our players when they join other clubs. Move on and get lost motherfvcker!

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
so you suggest Bielsa should have played him without warming up or hat he had to start by some universal law or something...

Should the fans aplaud and cheer a guy that spent 2 years negotiating with the club just to leave free in his last season after been ofered 5 milion euros contract??

not in my world

anyway that's old news, one year later and here we are... different coach same nightmare from Fernando...
Not at all, but why have him warm up for 45 minutes without playing him? Especially when it's in a known hostile environment? And death threats & the like are just unacceptable from fans, with the local media, Urrutia & Bielsa fostering that type of environment, don't know how you can justify that.

But yeah, you're right that it's in the past. Now to focus on whatever's going on right now.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I know it is still early in the season, but he doesn't even get a chance to be used as a substitute.
I have a feeling it will go the same way as with Elia for him, which, IMO, would be a big mistake.
Again.
Every match he doesn't get his chance, I will quote this post I think.

Luiggi

Sep 15, 2013
Not at all, but why have him warm up for 45 minutes without playing him?
The idea of Llorente not playing is plain and simple false
The was "injured" for two months. Played 26 games. Athletic just just competed in La Liga (no european competition, eliminated from copa quite soon) so the idea of him warming up with the intention of not playing him is bullshit. Despite been out for two months he was the 13th player last season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
:lol:

Give the poor guy a break Lion. Also, I think Llorente deserves a chance before we write him off. If he's not on the pitch then we can't consider him a failure. And I'd give him at least 6 months before judging his value to us.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
conte doesnt rate him

there is a good reason for that. you cant cack forvet your way to juve's first 11 anymore

I think this is more about Conte and Marrotta than it is about Conte and Llorente. Just my take on the situation. I know Llorente is still getting acclimatised, and right now, when he speaks ago match fitness, it seems more about a cover up to him a) Not being happy that Marrotta got him Llorente instead of another player he asked for or B) Llorente has still not understood the movements Conte wants off him. It'll come with time, and he has to be given a chance to be fair to the player. I don't think the trainings are enough. If we don't give him a chance, then this is going to be a case like Elia's, and I didn't consider that player a failure, simply because he didn't get an opportunity.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Look, i can understand Conte (altho this could be another powergame, with marotta this time)

Juve got a hard fixture list to start, and then there is europe.

From conte's stubborn point of view i could totally get he'll use a striker who massively sticks out since he's worldclass (tevez) and then the acclimated forwards of the house (vucinic/quag) who know and understand 100% what conte wants.
Getting those players to be "played in" earlyer in the season, can make a diffrence

We need to get into the easyer games. Games were we are one or two up at halftime. THEN, there is absolutely no excuse to give Llorente at least 30 minutes.

Sorry, if we are winning the verona game 2-0 or 3-0 at half time, and conte doesnt bring llorente, or waits til 8+ minute, then its just another powergame.

and quite frankly, i'm getting tired of his powergames. Its harming juventus

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think this is more about Conte and Marrotta than it is about Conte and Llorente. Just my take on the situation. I know Llorente is still getting acclimatised, and right now, when he speaks ago match fitness, it seems more about a cover up to him a) Not being happy that Marrotta got him Llorente instead of another player he asked for or B) Llorente has still not understood the movements Conte wants off him. It'll come with time, and he has to be given a chance to be fair to the player. I don't think the trainings are enough. If we don't give him a chance, then this is going to be a case like Elia's, and I didn't consider that player a failure, simply because he didn't get an opportunity.

i dont believe the bolded part. juventus were openly chasing llorente for the better part of a year. conte could have said no at any point he wanted. but he didnt.

so the only logiccal explanation to me is you second point. that or he is truly cack and we are in trouble again for the 3rd season in a row

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)