Fernando Llorente (140 Viewers)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I agree that the lack of offensive power of Juve's strikers and wingbacks is a major factor to the current gap to the top European teams.

However, I think that the biggest issue is tactics.

Powerhouses like Dortmund, Bayern, Barcelona and Madrid basically play with 2 guys holding position (CBs) and the other 8 running like hell all around the pitch.

Juventus has 3 guys holding position, therefore 1 guy less to run the pitch against these teams. So we have less options to defend and attack.

So unless Conte adapts the scheme to play in Europe with a back 4, I believe Juve will always find tactical problems, regardless of the quality of the players.
actually it's 4 holders... pirlo is the 4th, a regista is the epitome of holding midfielder, it offered near zero penetration to opposition.

Jun 13, 2007
Fuckin sell Matri too. With Higuain and Llorente, he's third choice in his position. And Vuci abd Jovetic would rotate in the other, I'd much rather have a 5th striker whos much younger like Immobile, Boakye. I don't hate Matri, at on me point, I thought he was a very impressive player, but he just seems to have lost it. No longer the threat he once was. In fact, I think Quag is the only guy that deserves mire chances here as he's the only one who never got a decent amount of playing time despite being fairly consistent.

In the end, I think it's most likely that Vuci and Gio end up staying, but we'll see.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
FFS look at his stats

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/46912/fernando-llorente?cc=5739

Llorente / Matri

2010/11
Games: 41 / 34
Goals: 24 / 20
Assists: 2 / 1

2011/12
Games: 47 / 25
Goals: 30 / 11
Assists: 4 / 4

Now please! Can we stop calling him the Spanish Matri?
Numbers aren't going to show why Llorente is better than Matri.

There isn't much between them in terms of goal-scoring ability, but Llorente is miles ahead in technical ability and what he contributes to a team's general play.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I have to confess, I selected the 25+ option :D

Who knows though, we're long overdue a 20 goal a season type player. I'm anxious to see how well he'll adapt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)