Fernando Llorente (92 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
And you call Ibra a choker. :howler:
Robben never left Juve IIRC.

Also Robben willed a good Bayern side to the CL final in 2010, Ibra never did that, Robben always put good performances for both NT and Bayern in big games, he choked in a couple of finals but at least he make it to the final, Ibra on the hand watches them on TV.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Also Robben willed a good Bayern side to the CL final in 2010, Ibra never did that, Robben always put good performances for both NT and Bayern in big games, he choked in a couple of finals but at least he make it to the final, Ibra on the hand watches them on TV.
And yet they are both without a Chl trophy, imagine that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
2010 bayeren was a disgrace,them getting in the final was a result of rediculous amounts of luck.
they had their asses handed to them by man utd for 160 minutes, yet man utd had 2 brainfarts that ended up in goals.

in the final, inter showed how pathetic bayeren really was that year

Robben isnt the leader of holland. Zlatan is THE leader for sweden, and has them pushing above their weight many times, despite beeing surrounded by very average players.

Ibra only been 3 years in a team better then robben's bayeren. the first two at juve, where he was still very young, robben at that age was not close to zlatans level. the third at barcelona, where they reached a superior inter in the semi's.

Please, more of these rediculous arguments :lol:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

So choking in a final makes it better :lol: that's even worse FFS.

Every Bayern fan I know hates him.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
same story every time! i mean c'mon it's always been like this.. palermo sells Cavani and Napoli buys for 17m and everyone says he ain't worthy and overpriced boooooooooooooom he is one of the best now and we can't buy... and you have player like Gomez and we had the chance to sign him and every one goes oh he is just another Iaqunta oh he is bad and see he scores for fun now... this forum never likes anything.
not the right place to use my words.. i didn't say that for his price tag or even his quality but look at him he scores most with headers since when we play for the crosses that much.. it's just his style may not be suited to us. so stop quoting using my words without giving your opinion.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

LOL. Robben is the biggest choker I have ever seen.

May 22, 2007
not the right place to use my words.. i didn't say that for his price tag or even his quality but look at him he scores most with headers since when we play for the crosses that much.. it's just his style may not be suited to us. so stop quoting using my words without giving your opinion.
Just looked back to the 2007/08 season and since then he's scored ~46% of his goals with his head. He seems to have a terrible penalty record as well.

Juve don't look good at crosses because they don't have any forwards that can challenge in the air, throw their weight around against tough defenders, or move into good positions. Lichtsteiner might not be a great crosser but he'd be a lot more effective if there was presence in the penalty area, it's sad to see Giovinco and Vučinić be the targets for delivery. I'll be concerned if our players cannot pick out a 195cm player.

It's a shame he hasn't been used this season, but at least Conte can work with him from early July.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Easy to forget Llorente when we dream about players like Suarez,Higuain,Jovetic ... He was so good before this season, I really rate him high, he could be a massive hit in Juventus. He is a big target player with good feet, that is rare. I mean Matri can't controll a ball ffs, Llorente IMO is a big upgrade. I think he can score 20+ goals in serie a next season, if he finds his form. With that im not saying we shoulden't look for another striker to.

But Llorente is a quality buy and could become a really great one

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
No it doesn't. 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 Pepe should still be riding the bench. A useful player to bring on, but you can't really be considering him as a good enough option to start for us. What happened to making progress and moving forward? :shifty:
What's wrong with having a work horse on the pitch who can be counted on to do certain things, offensively and defensively? Don't underestimate players like those, they most likely won't decide close encounters but they sure as hell make the creative players on the team look even better by creating room for them.

May 22, 2007
Juve don't look good at crosses because they don't have any forwards that can challenge in the air, throw their weight around against tough defenders, or move into good positions. Lichtsteiner might not be a great crosser but he'd be a lot more effective if there was presence in the penalty area, it's sad to see Giovinco and Vučinić be the targets for delivery. I'll be concerned if our players cannot pick out a 195cm player.
Good time to update the thread, because at the weekend Juve displayed why I believe this is true. Llorente would made Palermo work a lot harder to defend those deliveries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)