Fernando Llorente (12 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
“The trouble is with Llorente it doesn’t matter how you mark him, he’s going to get the header..."

- Eddy Reja

- - - Updated - - -

It's goals like today's one that made me confident he could do well in Italy.

People had spoken about him possibly struggling due to the tougher marking, but there is only so much a defender can do against a big, strong centre-forward.

Biava is putting as much pressure on Llorente as he can, but it not enough to knock him off balance and because the cross goes to a spot Llorente can reach it and Biava can't, there's nothing Biava can do.
;) Indeed. He is a tank and probably the hardest man to mark in Italy right now.

Even though he's not your typical lying deep number 9 striker, he's been scoring like one. All his goals were from a typical poacher. I still think he'd be in the 2,3 goals per match number if we had the right wingers/better crossers, if our team was to revolve around him in most offensive plays.

I grew up with those tall, strong and lethal strikers. Messi does nothing to me. I Fucking love this guy.

In fact, correct me if i'm wrong but i can't recall in at least the last 10,15 years, a striker who would score headers week in week out. I know Cavani would do it once in a whole but it certainly felt like it was a thing of the past. This guy :rab:

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I thought Tevez was getting in his way a bit today. Kinda annoying. Llorente was trying to bring some balls down in the box and Tevez was running underneath him and flubbing it up.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, there were a few times that Tevez probably got too close to Llorente.

Not something Tevez does often because he always wants the ball, but there are times he could do with making runs that are purely designed to create space for others, rather than looking to get the ball himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)