Fernando Llorente (48 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I much prefer the current Llorente starting, Quag supersub routine at the moment, I think it's what is working best with who we have currently. The only change maybe for the time Quag gets, but that often depends on the game situation.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I actually didn't think this was Llorente's best game for us thus far. I consider him to be a better player than he has shown of himself. I also felt that he was too soft at times. With his build and stature, his physicality is a huge advantage and he needs to use that to a dominating effect. Brilliantly taken goal, but I expect more off him. I'm also wondering if he really is fit enough to play 90 minutes at this pace coz at times he was almost lacklustre. All that said, there is no reason he should be benched, because the only way for him to improve is more game time. Though I have a sneaky feeling, Conte will go with Quag-Tevez against Napoli.

May 22, 2007
I'm also wondering if he really is fit enough to play 90 minutes at this pace coz at times he was almost lacklustre.
At the pace of last night, no it won't be easy. Juventus were sitting back and it was mostly the job of the forwards to pressure Madrid when their defenders were playing 20-30 passes around the back. He's not the type to run around like Tevez/Vidal, difficult for a big guy to get around the pitch a lot, I thought he did a good job considering the circumstances. Might have needed taking off earlier.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So it turns out Llorente is a pretty useful player?

Wish I'd known that before he signed for Juve or a few weeks ago when he was definitely being made an outcast by Conte and never, ever going to get to play for Juve...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So this guy has become our Rabbit's foot in the CL while Tevez...
While it would be nice to see Tevez net a few in for us in CL at this point I'm just glad that LL is putting in work and doing what he gets paid to do when he gets the opportunity.

Leave the criticism of Tevez out because right now we just need to score more goals than our opponent and it doesn't matter who that person is. We've played 2 years without a premium striker and got by, why worry now even though we don't lack in that area any longer?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
While it would be nice to see Tevez net a few in for us in CL at this point I'm just glad that LL is putting in work and doing what he gets paid to do when he gets the opportunity.

Leave the criticism of Tevez out because right now we just need to score more goals than our opponent and it doesn't matter who that person is. We've played 2 years without a premium striker and got by, why worry now even though we don't lack in that area any longer?
Woah, hold your horses. It was a joke. I don't care who scores as long as we keep scoring. You can be sure i don't miss Borriello days.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Wish I'd known that before he signed for Juve or a few weeks ago when he was definitely being made an outcast by Conte and never, ever going to get to play for Juve...
how about we wait till the end of the season to judge?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

BLOOM! ;)

you should stop bullying me just because i am skeptical of this guy
Dude, you know these forums, and yet you were so vocal and fatalistic anyway. You've really invited it on yourself. My sympathy bank is running a bit low on your account. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)