Fernando Llorente (70 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Guys you should stop bashing on Jasi. Like 90% of fans here are mad because Conte doesn't give Llorente a chance to prove himself yet then you argue say he says shit.
He's insisting there's something wrong and he's probably right. All in all Conte is a very good coach (despite some of his flaws he still is) and there has to be something on it. Maybe that's why he was mad we sold Matri? He didn't see Llorente being ready to play so having Matri could make him feel more secure. It of course was impossible to keep all 6 strikers here but that's another story.

Last time Conte treated someone like that was probably Krasic and Elia of course. In the end he was right about them. Think about it - I can understand he didn't put Llorente on against Inter or even Lazio but yesterday it was more than enough for me. If you're in a hurry to score another goal and the ball doesn't want to go in - you have to do something. If we can't score for life we should have a well built tree in the middle of their box just to fight with their defenders, just to be near goalkeeper waiting for his mistake to make a simple tap-in. Instead you hear in the post match interview he didn't want to put a strong striker against their strong defenders. It's like saying you can't get ahead of a faster car than yours even though it drives only 60 km/h.

Everything is so unclear here I'm disappointed with Conte and worried about Llorente's situation. No matter what Conte said Llorente was needed yesterday. Just to create some space for the others, push on their defenders or do a lucky tap-in. He cannot be that bad but in the end he's the one who watches him everyday.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I personally don't believe that Conte has some kinda agenda against him or whatever people are talking about. I really do think Conte has some issues with his current condition is probably waiting to see something with Llorente before starting him. Problem is that the whole thing is developing into a really bad and uncomfortable situation for him.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The way W is acting about Llorente is really starting to make me dislike this player :sergio: . Not that I side with the people who have written him off, those are huge numbnuts.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
If you're a coach, unless the player swore at your mother or something, you give them a go, especially when you need something different, which was the case against Copenhagen. Conte was right about Krasic and Elia, but this dude is proven quality when given minutes. Just give him some game time and prove to all of us he's sheet.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I still don't understand the fuss about a player who barely played last season needing an extra few weeks to get up to speed compared to the rest of the squad.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If you are a spanish speaker, you can notice that in the 15 pages of comments, there are a lot of haters and also a lot of sane Bilbao fans who also believe in the player.

Marca depicts the header of the tuttosport article "painful" like if they(tuttosport) were saying llorente is all beauty and no footie... but in fact, what tuttosport was criticizing is the decition of Conte of not using him. They were NOT pointing at Llorente being bad but it seems the Marca dudes didnt even bothered to find a translator and read the news properly. Just read the header and concluded whatever they wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)