Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well said... I thought you all here were to be happy with the news... I'd be happy to get a player like Llorente transfer free... some people just got to complain and moan about everything

He's playing. He has some issues regading his work ethis during some training seasons but the guy is playing. He played the Euro so he has a special adaptation. In my opinion the problem is the guy is leaving in June and an injury now could end up in a blank season. He's taking it easy specially after his problems in his left knee during last season.

to inform you a little bit. I'm not here to get money for Llorente, belive me

Just your opinion. May be you're right after all; you sound as a completely expert in the subject... that's no surprise as you probably got to deal with one everyday, 24/7...

It's a very good player but he's not top 5 in the world.
I got my doubts for him plying in a team like Juve cause to me one of his big problems is his mental weakness... he chokes on pressure... but I've to admit he has improved in that area... specially since he became world and european champions... I't could have been a matter of self confidence.

I thing I've answered before.

The club it's moderatly wealthy cause although we overpay our players (due to self-imposed transfers restrictions), we don't have to buy big names. As I said we got 40 mil. for Javi Martinez and nobody has been signed yet... and Urrutia has said he won't be singing anyone in January.

"Athletic" is english
the club was founded by english people. People here like and respect traditions. Franco foreced the name of the club to be changed to "Atletico" but as soon democracy arrived the name was changed again to it's english form.

To be true I think Athletic it's more into traditions than into political stuff.

Good post, welcome to the forum.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
Well said... I thought you all here were to be happy with the news... I'd be happy to get a player like Llorente transfer free... some people just got to complain and moan about everything
Not moaning at all. Just wondering why they want keep him until his contract expires instead of selling him given the fact that he barely plays.
Rich club or not - it is just weird way to run your business... So Nenna was right. In this big-business-football-world this Jusu Urrutia may perhaps - in this case - standout as a business-imbecile. Can't tell if it is a result of inbreeding.

Jasi

Aug 25, 2012
Not moaning at all. Just wondering why they want keep him until his contract expires instead of selling him given the fact that he barely plays.
Rich club or not - it is just weird way to run your business... So Nenna was right. In this big-business-football-world this Jusu Urrutia may perhaps - in this case - standout as a business-imbecile. Can't tell if it is a result of inbreeding.
I'll try to explain this

We have our self iposed limitations. It's hard to build a team in those conditions.
As I said Athletic is a club. There's no economic interest behind him so as an sport club he needs to find ways to be competitive

The only way to increase competitivity is being able to keep good players. to achive this Athletic just can offer:
- relatively better plays (we pay "bad" as "average" and "average" as "good".. but we just can't pay "excelent")
- Longer contracts
- Integration and identification with the club, the province and the Basque Country
no big weapons for this battle european football is :)

Well what Urrutia is trying to avoid is big european clubs making offers for Athletic better and younger players. Some of those clubes them contact directly with the player with quite big offers. the player them can fall into temptation and try to force the situation for leaving the club. It happened with Martinez. The player was trying to make the club let him go for 20 mil, Bayern ended up paying 40.
So Urrutia wants that every club that is trying to sign an Athletic player will have to face the buy-out clause or wait until the contract expires. Take the example of Muniain. He's 20. There's some big names interested in signing him, they know now that they will have to pay 45 mil. or wait 3 more season until he finished his contract. there's no going to player and "do this", "do that", "we'll be paying 25".... no pressure for the player, he stays focus and he won't be leaving soon. If someone wanst Muniain they should go to La Liga with 45 mil euros. There's no short cut.

I hope I made myself clear. Hard for me to explain it in English. It's basically a protction policy. And the only way this policy acts as a protection is taking it to the limit. So no negotiations for Llorente.

As I said Athletic over pays those players but we cant pay "excelent" or top players; Llorente was offered 4.5 five years contract. To be true I think he'll have hard time finding out some one that is willing to pay him that amount. I think Falcao is getting 4.5 ang Higuain 4... As i said I think he's very good but not "excelent" and he wanted to get the same as the top guys. That's why the idea of see him go doesn't sound that bad to me... I didn't like the idea of him alone geting Athletic's 10% budget.

Bare in mind we hardly can use the money to improve the team, that we got a bunch of quite good young players (Muniain, Herrera, Susaeta, DeMarcos...) that I think they could be playing real big in a couple of years.

As you said from a business point of view this is quite stupid. But Athletic it's not a bank or an insurance company. As long as we can our main interest is improve the team.

Although, well... we got 40.000.000 euros from Martinez.... I wouldn't call that bad business.

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
I'll try to explain this

We have our self iposed limitations. It's hard to build a team in those conditions.
As I said Athletic is a club. There's no economic interest behind him so as an sport club he needs to find ways to be competitive

The only way to increase competitivity is being able to keep good players. to achive this Athletic just can offer:
- relatively better plays (we pay "bad" as "average" and "average" as "good".. but we just can't pay "excelent")
- Longer contracts
- Integration and identification with the club, the province and the Basque Country
no big weapons for this battle european football is :)

Well what Urrutia is trying to avoid is big european clubs making offers for Athletic better and younger players. Some of those clubes them contact directly with the player with quite big offers. the player them can fall into temptation and try to force the situation for leaving the club. It happened with Martinez. The player was trying to make the club let him go for 20 mil, Bayern ended up paying 40.
So Urrutia wants that every club that is trying to sign an Athletic player will have to face the buy-out clause or wait until the contract expires. Take the example of Muniain. He's 20. There's some big names interested in signing him, they know now that they will have to pay 45 mil. or wait 3 more season until he finished his contract. there's no going to player and "do this", "do that", "we'll be paying 25".... no pressure for the player, he stays focus and he won't be leaving soon. If someone wanst Muniain they should go to La Liga with 45 mil euros. There's no short cut.

I hope I made myself clear. Hard for me to explain it in English. It's basically a protction policy. And the only way this policy acts as a protection is taking it to the limit. So no negotiations for Llorente.

As I said Athletic over pays those players but we cant pay "excelent" or top players; Llorente was offered 4.5 five years contract. To be true I think he'll have hard time finding out some one that is willing to pay him that amount. I think Falcao is getting 4.5 ang Higuain 4... As i said I think he's very good but not "excelent" and he wanted to get the same as the top guys. That's why the idea of see him go doesn't sound that bad to me... I didn't like the idea of him alone geting Athletic's 10% budget.

Bare in mind we hardly can use the money to improve the team, that we got a bunch of quite good young players (Muniain, Herrera, Susaeta, DeMarcos...) that I think they could be playing real big in a couple of years.

As you said from a business point of view this is quite stupid. But Athletic it's not a bank or an insurance company. As long as we can our main interest is improve the team.

Although, well... we got 40.000.000 euros from Martinez.... I wouldn't call that bad business.
Thank you - great post! :)
And no, I wouldn't call 40m € from Martinez-deal bad business neither.

Athletic truly is a unique club..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)