Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You are being emotional, not objective. We aren't saying it's a downgrade, but looking at the situation from Villa's perspective, he'd definitely think so. Serie A is damaged goods now (thanks to the fucking FIGC), and it'll take Serie A at least 5-7 years to recover, if not more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
FIGC and Serie A are just ruining itself.

Look at the Community Shield match this evening for example. A red card was given. Do you see the English media and EPL going crazy about it?

No, the newspapers just want to sell copies and in return Juventus and Serie A continue to look like shit.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
You are being emotional, not objective. We aren't saying it's a downgrade, but looking at the situation from Villa's perspective, he'd definitely think so. Serie A is damaged goods now (thanks to the $#@!ing FIGC), and it'll take Serie A at least 5-7 years to recover, if not more.
I'm talking about what the other guy said.
You said it was the truth, he said he would downgrade and ruin his career.

I'm not being emotional, Serie A is not what it used to be of course. But I wouldn't say that top player would ruin their careers if they join us.
That's just taking that "Serie A is not like before" thing a bit too far.

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
Truth my ass.

So he would "ruin his career"?? downgrade? come on if this was 2007 or 08 then maybe, but last time I checked we are the title holders.
Juventus is still Juventus, man.

Who cares what others think? I don't.

But when a Juve "fan" says such a thing, it really bugs me.
Fortunately he's not a Juventus fan I think. And when it comes to club-hierarchy he only knows about the present.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm talking about what the other guy said.
You said it was the truth, he said he would downgrade and ruin his career.

I'm not being emotional, Serie A is not what it used to be of course. But I wouldn't say that top player would ruin their careers if they join us.
That's just taking that "Serie A is not like before" thing a bit too far.
He is speaking the truth, if you look at it from an objective standpoint, and think in Villa's perspective. As fans, we are emotional and love this club, but players are different. They will look at all the factors and variables available to them, and analyze the situation carefully before making a choice. Do you really think any top player outside Serie A would want to come here, unless they were being benched by their club or forced out?

Serie A players are defecting, and I don't see players queuing up to play in this league, Honestly, do you think Serie A can attract the likes of Benzema, Higuain, Tevez, Aguero, RVP, Suarez, and even top players from Ligue 1 or The Eredivisie? Unless teams offer them huge sums, sums they can't afford, these deals are never going to go through. In the past Serie A clubs could afford to snap up the best talent from all around Europe (including Spain and England), and South America. This is no longer the case.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Fortunately he's not a Juventus fan I think. And when it comes to club-hierarchy he only knows about the present.
Good, last thing we need is fans with such a loser mentality.

---------- Post added 12.08.2012 at 21:23 ----------

He is speaking the truth, if you look at it from an objective standpoint, and think in Villa's perspective. As fans, we are emotional and love this club, but players are different. They will look at all the factors and variables available to them, and analyze the situation carefully before making a choice. Do you really think any top player outside Serie A would want to come here, unless they were being benched by their club or forced out?

Serie A players are defecting, and I don't see players queuing up to play in this league, Honestly, do you think Serie A can attract the likes of Benzema, Higuain, Tevez, Aguero, RVP, Suarez, and even top players from Ligue 1 or The Eredivisie? Unless teams offer them huge sums, sums they can't afford, these deals are never going to go through. In the past Serie A clubs could afford to snap up the best talent from all around Europe (including Spain and England), and South America. This is no longer the case.
Look buddy, I agree that Serie A is not what it used to be. It's not that attractive for WC players anymore.
But it's getting better every year.
At least there is competition and suspense.

But I was simply saying that it's ridiculous to say that a player would "ruin his career" by joining Juventus.
That's just taking it too far.
I don't like to repeat myself so I hope you understand my point ;)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Marotta :sergio:

just STFU when it comes to discussing transfers in the media.
I think it's just a sign that the negotiations are well underway, probably at an advanced stage. He must be confident of landing him, otherwise I think he would've kept his cards closer to his chest, like he usually does.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think it's just a sign that the negotiations are well underway, probably at an advanced stage. He must be confident of landing him, otherwise I think he would've kept his cards closer to his chest, like he usually does.
Like he usually does? :lol:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think we have a good chance to land Llorente.

Maybe Atletic doesn't want to sell but I doubt they'll be tough to break as his contract is running out and I don't think they want Real or some other Spanish club to lay hands on him. So IMO we're probably giving it all on Llorente and we can easily end up being in pole position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)