Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

He's 27, as of march, born 1985. Not exactly a young player but years younger then RvP and at 27 he's still got 4-5 good seasons in him..

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Would you be afraid if you were told we are spending €30m on Jovetic tomorrow?
I have to admit I wouldn't. At least not much. JoJo is very young, he's proven in Serie A, knows the league, knows the language.
He's not a 20+ goals forward that's true (just yet imo), but he would be able to score those 15 goals for us eaisly. My feeling is that he's not that much depended on other players like a typical striker (Llorente or Dzeko). So I think he's not that much risk. I think Jovetic would suit us better as we play possession type of football and we need talented players up front. Our forwards need to take part in building our play, they need too be good with the ball. Our style doesn't promote anyone on the field so I'm not too sure if a typical cf can be so successful in our team.

But I'll say it again if Conte approved this move over Jovetic's then I'm calm.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I dont see anything out of the ordinary in him. Furthermore i see him as an old fashioned targetman, i think the more mobile and lightfooted strikers would fit contes play more.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I dont see anything out of the ordinary in him. Furthermore i see him as an old fashioned targetman, i think the more mobile and lightfooted strikers would fit contes play more.
Jovetic should be the priority, despite of him playing a 'different' role.

But if he's not available Llorente is the way to go :agree: he can nail 20 goals in a season for sure.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think he is the exactly the type of player we need.

We have a bunch of technical players already. We just need a guy to bang in the goals.

Dzeko or Llorente would be ideal.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Llorente is good technically too. He's played for Spain over the past couple of years and even though he hasn't played much here he's adapted to this style of play. I haven't seen much of him in Bilbao other than his goal against United, but he doesn't look like a desparate buy at all. His aerial abilities are his primary threat but he can build up play as well. Very Cavani-alike player TBH..

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Buffon

Chiellini - Barzagli - Bonucci

Isla - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio/Asamoah - Armero/Asamoah

Llorente - Vucinic/Giovinco

:agree: With such penetration defenders in Serie A would shit bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)