Felipe Melo (92 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
History has proved Turk and me, correct, on everything we said about this loan deal!
It is now an undeniable fact.

Melo is a great player, of great value, someone who could shine among other Brazilian stars in his NT.
The only midfielder who had fair performances, with our jersey, when the rest were pretty horrible.
Our best performer with consistency at that time.
Yes we overpaid for him, yes he was mentally unstable. But he was used as a scapegoat, to cover up managerial errors.

At any case, the situation demanded a reboot, regardless of his value, we have decided to boot him.
We had to cut our loses, because he represented a significant investment though.
We cannnot just throw away 25mil because of emotional reasons.

Keeping him on the bench, as a sub, would be the wisest, the money we have wasted to buy Pazienza, Padoin and their salaries, would easily cover for his salary. And after a good season for the team, his salary would increase. At least as a bargain chip, at least in Italy.

After that, the wisest choice would be to loan him in a wealthy league, where he could shine and raise interest, if not from his current team, but from their opposition as well. England and Russia would be best.
And yet, we made that horrible decision to loan him there, despite the paranoic voices of some of the posters in here, that he is crap, Melo had a great season.
Again proving that he is a great player, that can easily adapt and shine.
The only selling problem was his inflated salary and the cause for that was again us and the contract we offered him!

However we made the worst possible choice and loaned him in a club with financial difficulties, set a buy out c lause for half of our invested money, regardless of his performances (see Giovinco deal to see how the performances are related to the players value)
and now after a great season, where Melo was proved to be quite an important player for them, they wont even give us half of the agreed price.
A quarter of the ammount we paid!! And that after a good season, imagine what they would do, if he happened to have a not so go season...

It is painfully obvious to any suspected management and transfer director, that ours is incompetent, and they are all trying to exploit this and make profit by either making us to overpay or sell out...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
History has proved Turk and me, correct, on everything we said about this loan deal!

Melo is a great player, of great value, someone who could shine among other Brazilian stars in his NT.
The only midfielder who had fair performances, with our jersey, when the rest were pretty horrible.
Yes we overpaid for him, yes he was mentally unstable. But he was used as a scapegoat, to cover up managerial errors.
That whole paragraph is something else, but what exactly do you mean he was "someone who could shine among other Brazilian stars in his NT."?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That whole paragraph is something else, but what exactly do you mean he was "someone who could shine among other Brazilian stars in his NT."?
His partnership with Silva in the previous Olympic games, right in the year we were buying him.
It was the best moment of his carrier, he was overhyped and Fiorentina took advantage of it, just like they will now with Jovetic...
However Melo was easily among the best performances that summer and to achieve that in the never ending pool of talent of the Brazil NT, is quite a task.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
His partnership with Silva in the previous Olympic games, right in the year we were buying him.
It was the best moment of his carrier, he was overhyped and Fiorentina took advantage of it, just like they will now with Jovetic...
However Melo was easily among the best performances that summer and to achieve that in the never ending pool of talent of the Brazil NT, is quite a task.
Fiorentina didn't have a say in it as we paid his buy-out clause.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Oh, okay... Didn't see that, but I saw WC 2010 and his 2 seasons with Juve and to call him great is a bit inaccurate.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I must be bored.

Let's have a look at those undeniable facts.

First 2 claims are an opinion, not a fact.
Third claim is indeed a possibility, not much of a fact though.

Again, opinions not facts.

Yes we overpaid for him, yes he was mentally unstable.
Opinions.

But he was used as a scapegoat, to cover up managerial errors.
Opinion (and a laughable one at that).

At any case, the situation demanded a reboot, regardless of his value, we have decided to boot him.
We had to cut our loses, because he represented a significant investment though.
Yeah, not wrong but still more of an opinion than a fact.

We cannnot just throw away 25mil because of emotional reasons.
Not that I can even begin to understand what you mean by "emotional reasons", but we have an opinion here.

Keeping him on the bench, as a sub, would be the wisest, the money we have wasted to buy Pazienza, Padoin and their salaries, would easily cover for his salary. And after a good season for the team, his salary would increase. At least as a bargain chip, at least in Italy.
What have we here? If it isn't an opinion. Didn't see that one coming.

After that, the wisest choice would be to loan him in a wealthy league, where he could shine and raise interest, if not from his current team, but from their opposition as well. England and Russia would be best.
Surely there needs to be an interested team?

And yet, we made that horrible decision to loan him there,
We have a winner: an actual fact. Excluding the word horrible, that is.

despite the paranoic voices of some of the posters in here, that he is crap, Melo had a great season.
Again proving that he is a great player, that can easily adapt and shine.
And we're back to opinions.

The only selling problem was his inflated salary and the cause for that was again us and the contract we offered him!
Again, not a fact. (Though you are most likely correct.)

I gave up here.

I see only 2 possibilities: you either don't really grasp the concept of "facts" or you're a liar. I would like to believe it's the 1st option.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's your opinion that those were his opinions, Buck. Like this is my opinion that that was your opinion about his opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)