Felipe Melo (64 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I must be bored.

Let's have a look at those undeniable facts.

First 2 claims are an opinion, not a fact.
Third claim is indeed a possibility, not much of a fact though.

Again, opinions not facts.

Opinions.

Opinion (and a laughable one at that).

Yeah, not wrong but still more of an opinion than a fact.

Not that I can even begin to understand what you mean by "emotional reasons", but we have an opinion here.

What have we here? If it isn't an opinion. Didn't see that one coming.

Surely there needs to be an interested team?

We have a winner: an actual fact. Excluding the word horrible, that is.

And we're back to opinions.

Again, not a fact. (Though you are most likely correct.)

I gave up here.

I see only 2 possibilities: you either don't really grasp the concept of "facts" or you're a liar. I would like to believe it's the 1st option.
ATM, i was reffering to the fact, that it was the wrong decision to loan him there.
I specified that buy saying "about this loan deal'', thats undeniable, the rest are debatable in some degrees, but i used them to explain why i believed it was the wrong choice...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
History has proved Turk and me, correct, on everything we said about this loan deal!
It is now an undeniable fact.

Melo is a great player, of great value, someone who could shine among other Brazilian stars in his NT.
The only midfielder who had fair performances, with our jersey, when the rest were pretty horrible.
Our best performer with consistency at that time.
Yes we overpaid for him, yes he was mentally unstable. But he was used as a scapegoat, to cover up managerial errors.

At any case, the situation demanded a reboot, regardless of his value, we have decided to boot him.
We had to cut our loses, because he represented a significant investment though.
We cannnot just throw away 25mil because of emotional reasons.

Keeping him on the bench, as a sub, would be the wisest, the money we have wasted to buy Pazienza, Padoin and their salaries, would easily cover for his salary. And after a good season for the team, his salary would increase. At least as a bargain chip, at least in Italy.

After that, the wisest choice would be to loan him in a wealthy league, where he could shine and raise interest, if not from his current team, but from their opposition as well. England and Russia would be best.
And yet, we made that horrible decision to loan him there, despite the paranoic voices of some of the posters in here, that he is crap, Melo had a great season.
Again proving that he is a great player, that can easily adapt and shine.
The only selling problem was his inflated salary and the cause for that was again us and the contract we offered him!

However we made the worst possible choice and loaned him in a club with financial difficulties, set a buy out c lause for half of our invested money, regardless of his performances (see Giovinco deal to see how the performances are related to the players value)
and now after a great season, where Melo was proved to be quite an important player for them, they wont even give us half of the agreed price.
A quarter of the ammount we paid!! And that after a good season, imagine what they would do, if he happened to have a not so go season...

It is painfully obvious to any suspected management and transfer director, that ours is incompetent, and they are all trying to exploit this and make profit by either making us to overpay or sell out...
You're right , Cronios.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hold on a second here. I'm confused.

Juve and Gala agreed on a 1.5 million loan deal with an option to buy at 13 million at the end of the season.

Gala don't want to pay it, Juve have not backed down, yet it is the Juve management who are the incompetent ones

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im not saying thay are incompetent.... but cronios has his points. We loaned him to that team, and they didnt had the money or interested to buy him without stupid discounts. Now, of course they backed off and he is again with us.

Maybe there was a better team to loan him? he is not bad by any means, and can be of use for any team who wants a skilled midfielder..... but now we are stuck with him again.

And theres also krasic, quags, matri etc..... players we are unable to sell fast.

So something is not working,

Jul 2, 2006
Hold on a second here. I'm confused.

Juve and Gala agreed on a 1.5 million loan deal with an option to buy at 13 million at the end of the season.

Gala don't want to pay it, Juve have not backed down, yet it is the Juve management who are the incompetent ones
Everytime they want a discount, we have accepted it. From 13 million to 5 million. Problem is between Melo and Galatasaray.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Im not saying thay are incompetent.... but cronios has his points. We loaned him to that team, and they didnt had the money or interested to buy him without stupid discounts. Now, of course they backed off and he is again with us.

Maybe there was a better team to loan him? he is not bad by any means, and can be of use for any team who wants a skilled midfielder..... but now we are stuck with him again.And theres also krasic, quags, matri etc..... players we are unable to sell fast.

So something is not working,
Aren't you contradicting yourself here?

You say that he is not bad by any means, and that he is a skilled midfielder, but Juve are "stuck" with him

---------- Post added 24.07.2012 at 10:20 ----------

Everytime they want a discount, we have accepted it. From 13 million to 5 million. Problem is between Melo and Galatasaray.
So, if Juve indeed accepted this discount that you speak of, how is it that the deal has yet to be consummated? And if the problem is indeed between Melo and Galatasaray, how is that Juve's fault?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

You say that he is not bad by any means, and that he is a skilled midfielder, but Juve are "stuck" with him

So, if Juve indeed accepted this discount that you speak of, how is it that the deal has yet to be consummated? And if the problem is indeed between Melo and Galatasaray, how is that Juve's fault?
strangely enough, I think he's right..

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
hydde, which is strange because i suspect him of having a single digit iq. but melo is a good midfielder, a good midfielder that just isn't good enough to support his wage demands and who doesn't have a place in our team anymore.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

He is not bad, in fact he is good indeed. But i stopped there.
Obviously what i hate from him is that he is mental and that kind of players are not juve worthy.

We are "stuck" with him, because he seems to have the kind of behaviour that Conte doesnt like and I just can imagine how he(conte) would react after anotehr of his infamous red cards and stupid behaviours. So it seems that Conte just wants to stay away of it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
hydde, which is strange because i suspect him of having a single digit iq. but melo is a good midfielder, a good midfielder that just isn't good enough to support his wage demands and who doesn't have a place in our team anymore.
He annoys me to be sincere.... because he has the skills to work... but he reminds me of cassano in his golden years. He doesnt give a fuck when things are going wrong and starts derping.

Who knows...maybe conte can make him work...... but his personality is his main issue.... not his workrate or skill.

Conte seems to have short temper for the ones like Melo...and i can only see those 2 having arguments day in day out.

But if somehow.... conte makes him work and be quiet.... he can be very useful no doubts.

I lost faith in him because of his attitude and the words he said before going out of here.... but oh well.

Jul 2, 2006
Because after we accept the discount, another one is immediately coming up.

It's like

Juve: 13m
GS: No way. How about 10m?
Juve:eek:k
GS: How about 8m?
Juve: ok
GS: How about 7.5m?

goes on and on..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)