Felipe Melo (10 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I am not an optimist, I did not read what you wrote, you do not want to listen that this deal has a buy obligation. It all ends here, I told you before I will not harass you anymore.
it is not an obligation, it is an option.
We had the option to buy Aquilani but we didnt.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
it is not an obligation, it is an option.
We had the option to buy Aquilani but we didnt.
I don't know if Galata are obligated to buy Melo, but you should see the difference between Aquilani's loan and the other loans we made. Everyone expected Marotta to buy Pepe, Quag, Matri and Motta but not to buy Aquilani. Why?
Simply because we paid for the loans of the other 4 players and it was pretty clear that those payments were nothing more but a trick. Since maximum three installments are allowed, we trick the federation by presenting the purchases as loans where the loan is nothing else but a first installment. That way we pay for the transfers in 4 installments (the loan is the 1st installment and the other 3 are the legally allowed number of installments). For Aquilani we paid nothing at all for the loan and it was clear that we have no obligation to buy him, unlike with the other 4 players.

Now the question is if Melo's loan is an "Aquilani loan" or a "Quag/Pepe/Motta/Matri" loan. Considering how little Galata paid us, I simply can't see those 1.5m eur as an installment. I think that Galata don't have an obligation to buy. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't know if Galata are obligated to buy Melo, but you should see the difference between Aquilani's loan and the other loans we made. Everyone expected Marotta to buy Pepe, Quag, Matri and Motta but not to buy Aquilani. Why?
Simply because we paid for the loans of the other 4 players and it was pretty clear that those payments were nothing more but a trick. Since maximum three installments are allowed, we trick the federation by presenting the purchases as loans where the loan is nothing else but a first installment. That way we pay for the transfers in 4 installments (the loan is the 1st installment and the other 3 are the legally allowed number of installments). For Aquilani we paid nothing at all for the loan and it was clear that we have no obligation to buy him, unlike with the other 4 players.

Now the question is if Melo's loan is an "Aquilani loan" or a "Quag/Pepe/Motta/Matri" loan. Considering how little Galata paid us, I simply can't see those 1.5m eur as an installment. I think that Galata don't have an obligation to buy. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Precisely, 500k can be an acquisition installement.
I know what you mean about the pattern, of turning an actual sale into a loan with an option to buy.
We had the intention to buy those players from the very beginning, but it doesnt seem to be the case, just look at sum they gave us, 500k, do they look like a team that already made the commitment to make a 13mil acquisition? I think not, there are still 1% of this to happen, esp if we accept a 6-8mil fee in the end, but at any case we cannot speak about a commitment, when it obviously an option.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Precisely, 500k can be an acquisition installement.
I know what you mean about the pattern, of turning an actual sale into a loan with an option to buy.
We had the intention to buy those players from the very beginning, but it doesnt seem to be the case, just look at sum they gave us, 500k, do they look like a team that already made the commitment to make a 13mil acquisition? I think not, there are still 1% of this to happen, esp if we accept a 6-8mil fee in the end, but at any case we cannot speak about a commitment, when it obviously an option.
Also, I'm not sure if we can talk about obligation in the literal meaning of the word. We sure weren't legally obligated to buy Pepe. But it was gentlemen's agreement. Marotta could have refused to buy Pepe and not do what he verbally promised, but that way he was gonna make sure that not only Udinese but the other teams too would refuse to ever do similar business with him. They were gonna boycott his ass.

In Melo's case too, we can not talk about an obligation. Why wouldn't Galatasaray present it as a purchase then if they are legally obligated to buy him next year? Makes no sense. So, even if Galata and Marotta have a gentlemen's agreement Galata to buy Melo next year and to present the transfer as a loan with option to buy, I don't think we can talk about a real obligation. With the problems in Turkish football, God knows what will happen next year and we might even see a "Sorry, Mr. Marotta, we know that we promised you to buy Melo but we're simply not in position to do it".

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
this deal is a joke isnt it?
Melo must have done something very bad against juve or the management to get get spit out of the club this way (offcourse it may have been his wish, but i dont see anyone hold galatasaray over juve). It must have been more than his ridicolus mistake earlier this summer claiming players not worthy the the juveshirt...
Melo was good last season and would have been an important player in a squad-rotation system next season. I dont understand the board getting rid of him the first place, but loaning him away to a turkish club?! I dont get it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)