Felipe Melo (7 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you're in a rush to sell him for any price and anywhere big teams wont appear like this all of a sudden. Big teams take their times to sign players. Marotta seems to be doing all his best to get rid of Melo ASAP.
Last week I heard someone say how big clubs wrap deals up for players quickly and concisely. The only thing that really matters to us is what we get in return. If it's a measly sum then it's not good enough, Melo might have particular circumstances surrounding him but he hasn't become that devalued.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I said pedigree. If gareth bale was a brazilian his price would be much higher (of course he plays in EPL so thats not quite always the case).
I'd say this 'pedigree' of the mystical Brazilian international is only apparent when they are unknown or much sought after. No one would pay more for Bastos than Bale, for example. Imagine Vidal and Melo have long contracts, who would pay more for Melo considering he is Brazilian?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ESPN is reporting a 2 million dollar load with 3 million dollar option to buy

wow thats crazy
Noooooo..............that can't be.

I fully understand that it seems that Conte doesn't want him on this team, but if the amount is THAT low, then marotta needs to be fired NOW.

That just can't be correct.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I'd say this 'pedigree' of the mystical Brazilian international is only apparent when they are unknown or much sought after. No one would pay more for Bastos than Bale, for example. Imagine Vidal and Melo have long contracts, who would pay more for Melo considering he is Brazilian?
Im being generic, rather than specific on just a few players. The bottom line is that this 'pedigree' would encompass a brazilian international much more than the average welsh international. Lets not bring vidal into this as well otherwise we will be comparing welsh, chileans and brazilians. Also the original welsh player that you mentioned was bellamy and not bale.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Im being generic, rather than specific on just a few players. The bottom line is that this 'pedigree' would encompass a brazilian international much more than the average welsh international. Lets not bring vidal into this as well otherwise we will be comparing welsh, chileans and brazilians. Also the original welsh player that you mentioned was bellamy and not bale.
OK. But you can also see my point when we talk about talented players with a bit of baggage.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Arda Turan :klin:

I am really not happy about the loan...I am assuming we have plenty of cash or have a gentleman agreement for a perma move at the end of the season for a good amount of money.

There is no option I hear, they are paying his 3ml wages though lol.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
If this ridiculous low price is true, i wonder why we never just insert him for Rossi or just offer him to Chelsea. Surely he cant just have a single offer as he did mentioned he had a few offer around Europe and he wants to do the picking.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Honest to God, this IS A NEW LOW, regardless of mitigating factors or attempted logical explanations, this is flat out imcompetence gone too far. Board members need to review Marrotta's ability as the DG if the details of all this comes true.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
srsly melo is what 28 and a good dm who can not be compared to the crap like injuryprone iaquinta goalless amauri or toothless grygera.... i can not belive that there is no club interested in him other than gala.... no way we would not find a buyer for around 10mil....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)