Felipe Melo (7 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Melo leaving is not a big loss for me, it's not that difficult to understand. It's not like we're losing much quality there and I would like for that area to improve.

The issue is his replacement and that's something different. According to others, Vidal is an improvement; I don't think I've seen anyone say otherwise. I don't know though, I can't pass judgement. I'm not saying it's a good or bad move.

I would actually like to see Melo-Pirlo-Vidal. Guess who's on the bench :shocked:
so you dont know but you re ok with the decision to gt rid of him, this guy could be the next tiago and its ok with you, yep makes perfect sense. And i would love to hear the members who claim the bolded since i doubt any of them knew who this guy was beyond FM

Buy on AliExpress.com

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
He's good player, i've never denied that, he's too unreliable for my liking. Mistake prone
We could be better off with someone else, and I'm not convinced that Vidal is the One, we should've gone for Diarra.
He is one of our best players, but he needs to be kept in check at all times because you never know when he will go off. Vidal isn't the answer too. We do have the best player to pair with Pirlo, Sissoko, too bad he is being shipped around. We haven't had a deep lying MF that can pass and distribute nicely since Zanetti. Sissoko was a big hit then. He was running around hunting oppoenents down, then give a simple pass to Zanetti to do the distribution. Sissoko flopped because he was asked or in situations where he has to play long passes or keep the ball for long period of times, which has caused in the poor performances in the last couple of years. You need a pure destroyer holding MF next to the likes of Pirlo, that could tackle and run around tirelessly. He had Gatusso in Milan.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
He is one of our best players, but he needs to be kept in check at all times because you never know when he will go off. Vidal isn't the answer too. We do have the best player to pair with Pirlo, Sissoko, too bad he is being shipped around. We haven't had a deep lying MF that can pass and distribute nicely since Zanetti. Sissoko was a big hit then. He was running around hunting oppoenents down, then give a simple pass to Zanetti to do the distribution. Sissoko flopped because he was asked or in situations where he has to play long passes or keep the ball for long period of times, which has caused in the poor performances in the last couple of years. You need a pure destroyer holding MF next to the likes of Pirlo, that could tackle and run around tirelessly. He had Gatusso in Milan.
No doubt about that, That's why i said vidal is not the answer .

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
so you dont know but you re ok with the decision to gt rid of him, this guy could be the next tiago and its ok with you, yep makes perfect sense. And i would love to hear the members who claim the bolded since i doubt any of them knew who this guy was beyond FM
As I said, I don't know if Vidal's move will be good or bad. That's not what I said I was okay with. I obviously want Melo's replacement to be better than him.

If I said we're getting rid of Iaquinta and getting an unknown replacement from Serbia, Dusanov as his replacement, would you be "not okay" with it?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
As I said, I don't know if Vidal's move will be good or bad. That's not what I said I was okay with. I obviously want Melo's replacement to be better than him.

If I said we're getting rid of Iaquinta and getting an unknown replacement from Serbia, Dusanov as his replacement, would you be "not okay" with it?
iaquinta is nowhere near our best attacker, and if dusanov was a promising youngster whose upside is still unknown id be all for it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
iaquinta is nowhere near our best attacker, and if dusanov was a promising youngster whose upside is still unknown id be all for it.
And Vidal, by most accounts is an improvement. I don't know this for myself, true. But as I feel we're not losing a lot with Melo going, I'm not upset, yet, I don't mind him staying.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Getting rid of this guy would be such a dumb move at this stage. We need to add more quality to the team, not replace it.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
you guys have probably heard/read this already but still:

GdS says that, if the lates news is to believed, Melo and Amauri are not travelling with Juve to the US.
Corinthians has reportedly stepped forward in their bid to take him back to Brazil; interest from PSG and Galatasaray is also being mentioned.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
you guys have probably heard/read this already but still:

GdS says that, if the lates news is to believed, Melo and Amauri are not travelling with Juve to the US. Corinthians has reportedly stepped forward in their bid to take him back to Brazil; interest from PSG and Galatasaray is also being mentioned.
Yeah, Melo is out. Damn.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
If we sell Melo, we will then have like 4 central midfielders besdies youth - Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio and Pazienza :sergio:

I can't believe you guys want to sell Melo, he is one of our 3-4 players that besides his temper, could actually be starting 11 in a WC team [Buffon, Chiellini and Melo. (Pirlo & Krasic maybe)]. He is by far our best midfielder, a juventino and when on form is a rapist. I don't see us linked with any midfielders besides Vidal & Poli. Neither of them are actual replacements for him and if we sell him and don't get a very good/solid midfield destroyer, I won't be happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)