Felipe Melo (15 Viewers)

Niddo

May 3, 2011
I also believe that Melo was justified to say what he did and history will prove him right!
His comments are driven from his love to our jersey, its real shame that we are losing prestige each and every day and we are appealing quality players as we are shaping up into a mediocre seria A team, less and less. And even though they are few deluded and misquided quality players like Diego, Melo and players with great potential, like Giovinco and Criscito
and we treat them like a piece of shit, because our incompetent management needs to find some scapegoats, to cover up for their mistakes.

It was more than obvious, that from all the parts of our squad, the less issues we had, was with our CMs, they were not great, but they did far better than the average joe in our team.
But because the team was very weak, in some certain positions (wingbacks and LM) and because we had no proper tactic plan and many internal issues,
all the efforts, that some of our players put to the table, were rubbished.

Melo tried really hard, this season, he improved his play and offered much more than most of our mercs.
He showed an ambition from the day he joined us from Fiorentina and considered us, the really great pass, in his carrier, he consider us a club that would spend the rest of his carrier with.
Melo, is not a Tiago, he actually gives a damn, it is normal for a guy like that, to act emotionally. If he was a merc, he wouldnt bother, this talk to Real was trying to convince himself that would work and maybe attract the interest of our club, to make some public stance.
Our club, exactly as they did with Giovinco and Diego, has probably turned off the lines of communication and indirectly showing him, that he is about to get the boot.
He got panicked and he feels that he his losing his world under his feet, he has seen this happening to other players and reacts like that, because he has smth to lose.
He made it clear to the fans this time, unlike what happened with Fiore, that he would like to stay in our club and if/when the club sells him out, it wont be, because he asked for it (his previous pro Mourinho comments could imply that, thats why he had to clear this out now) ,
but because our club demanded it! That shows that, unlike our management, Melo still holds some respect to our jersey and Juve fans.

Personally, he also must be feeling very very bad a bour our situation, he tried more than the rest, if the rest was trying as hard as him, we wouldnt be here and yet, he is about to take the blame for all and players like Pepe, Motta, Martinez, Aquilani and Bonucci, will get away with it, just because they are Italian.
He sees Juve preferring cheap/free players like Pirlo and Pazienza before him, he see us considering the acquisition of a new CM starter, despite the acquisition of Pirlo and Pazienza, as the most pressing matter in our squad. Our transfer policy shows that replacing Melo with Defour or Inler we solve most of our problems.
But replacing our wingbacks, adding a LM, etc, seem to come second. And he is damn right to be pissed, because thats not fair!

He is right to feel miss-treated when he sees us desperate to sell him off, downgrading his transfer value and consider him the ultimate scapegoat for our season.[/QUOTE]

:hellyes:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And look at you deciding who is an idiot and who isn't.

Melo Cares? Yeah, he cares all right. Cared so much during the world cup that he embarassed himself.

Cared so much against Parma this year AFTER Quagliarella got hurt that he decided to get himself a straight red card.

He has a million dollar body and a 10 cent head, and his comments the past couple of weeks about wanting to play for Mourinho and Wenger, and this ill advised self belief that he somehow feels that he is indispensible to the squad is making me think that giving him credit for a 10 cent head is about 9 cents too many.

And I don't see very many people "Siding" with management, as you somehow believe that we are doing. We are pointing out that this guy is an immature moron.
A post that actually deserves a +rep.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Look at all the complete idiots here siding with the management, a group of incompetent clowns who have shown themselves to be less caring than Melo EVER has AND unwilling to show certain players common courtesy. You think it is surprising to see such comments from Felipe, a guy who has expressed his DESIRE to win with Juventus time and time again, when we are quite clearly shopping him for the likes of Inler? I'd be more worried if he DID NOT say anything, because then that would show he doesn't give a shit.

Felipe can say what he wants about this club, it is a fucking batshit nightmare driven down to the depths of mediocrity by a bunch of clowns and their fans.
it is actually more idiotic to jump to a conclusion that one is siding with the management if one is not satisfied with what Melo said. There are a lot of different grey colours between the two extremes. But you my friend cannot see grey colour at all and I feel sorry for you.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
THe problem that I see with the majority of the opinions here, is that people are so blinded by their hatred and their rage for management, they can't or won't agree, that what he said in this latest interview was not only damaging and uncalled for, but it showed a blatant lack of tact and respect, and was extremely self promoting, and he comes off as a whining crybaby, who contradicts himself.

This would be my reaction regardless of who said this.

May 22, 2007
And look at you deciding who is an idiot and who isn't.

Melo Cares? Yeah, he cares all right. Cared so much during the world cup that he embarassed himself.

Cared so much against Parma this year AFTER Quagliarella got hurt that he decided to get himself a straight red card.

He has a million dollar body and a 10 cent head, and his comments the past couple of weeks about wanting to play for Mourinho and Wenger, and this ill advised self belief that he somehow feels that he is indispensible to the squad is making me think that giving him credit for a 10 cent head is about 9 cents too many.

And I don't see very many people "Siding" with management, as you somehow believe that we are doing. We are pointing out that this guy is an immature moron.
The comment he made earlier about some of his other teammates not being good enough supports him being a moron about all this. Should have just said something similar to Chiellini/Marchisio about the team being disappointed about this season.

May 4, 2004
Well, it might be logical to think that we actually want to sell him. And if we do, it's normal not to say that we don't want to keep him. That will lower his price.
I agree with that. But it would also make sence to tell Felipe that he is not part of the future squad here in Turin.. Privat meeting, no media bullshit. That way Melo would know what his future holds and would not be speaking about it with anyone but his agent or whatever..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
THe problem that I see with the majority of the opinions here, is that people are so blinded by their hatred and their rage for management, they can't or won't agree, that what he said in this latest interview was not only damaging and uncalled for, but it showed a blatant lack of tact and respect, and was extremely self promoting, and he comes off as a whining crybaby, who contradicts himself.

This would be my reaction regardless of who said this.
But isn't it in his contradictions that you see that he's just an impulsive guy stuck in Serena William's body? Serge, simply put, I'd rather have a whining crybaby off the pitch whose celebrations in our victories and/or goals is second to none on the pitch. Have you seen him go? This management has a fragile track record to show, just as much as some say Melo does, and wouldnt any one of us let it rip if we were on a team but were continually linked away from it, with nobody denying our availability? Madrid and maybe, Arsenal can pay him more than we do, and he's probably aware of that and their interests for a year, maybe two. He could've gone, but stayed because he just needed to be needed. This guy is not doing it for the money. He's all heart. And all he wants is a little bit of support and love. I mean common, we've all loved Rod Tidwell, then why not this guy? :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And what does that have to do with Juventus? Nothing.

Mistakes happen. You think that was intentional? I don't. You think that the red he received proves he might not care so much about the club? Don't think so.

Or that he is a fragile individual who can figure out that he's on the chopping block, which is quite obvious anyway considering Inler would be his direct replacement, but lets not allow logic to grace the forum. Lets just bash the guy and throw a hissy fit because he isn't exactly saying kind stuff towards the club.

You see, this sort of stuff happens all the time on this board. If one of our players says something truthful but unpleasant about the club, he's slated and asked to leave, no matter what he says. Not only is it happening to Melo, but also in the past towards players like Giovinco and Diego. It happens all the time. People simply can't take their Juve goggles off and that's fine, I'll just choose not to respect their opinions.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Andy, "Fragile Individuals" don't throw their teammates under the bus after a disappointing season, they don't run around saying that they had a near perfect season, and that he was the reason why they won many of their games.

On the contrary.

He is coming off as a whining, self centered, arrogant, ignorant idiot, who only cares about himself, is preparing for his exit, and will make sure that the earth behind him is totally scorched when he does leave.

And I never said one thing about Giovinco or Diego's comments to the media, because their is a huge difference. They expressed their disappointment at leaving.

This fucking clown is making sure to put himself above the team with his comments, and he's not nearly as irreplaceable as he, or the majority of the people here, would like to think.

This guy is a lot smarter than some people are giving him credit for.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Felipe Melo was a strong player for us this past season, and a player that still has much to offer to this club; but his attitude is a real problem. I get that he's upset that there's transfer rumors surrounding his name, but to make these kinds of statements is not professional at all, is just plain stupid.

I want him to stay, but he needs to control himself and stop being childish.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
He wants to stay at Juventus, yet burns just about every bridge with his tirade.

Openly criticizing some of your teammates, regardless of whether there is truth to it, is just plain foolish and bad for team morale.

Openly criticizing the management, who stood by you last season when every level headed fan wanted you out, is even more foolish.

If anything, Juventus resurrected his career after he embarrassed himself for a year last season with club and country. The management gave him a second chance, and at the 1st hint that he is on the chopping block, he goes on a media rampage against teammates and management. Imagine if Buffon had acted the same way, or Trezeguet, both of whom were on the brink of moves away more than once.

He is a good player and I would have preferred to keep him, but he is not above Juventus. No1 is to blame here but himself.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And I find it really funny, that people are upset at management because they haven't told him where he stands with the team.

SO let me get this straight. They announce to the media that Melo is for sale, and his price could drop because why would Juventus want to offload a player like Melo? Oh, I don't know, maybe its because of an attitude problem.

Or, they tell the media that Melo is NOT for sale, then they sell him, and it is Diego 2.0 all over again.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But isn't it in his contradictions that you see that he's just an impulsive guy stuck in Serena William's body? Serge, simply put, I'd rather have a whining crybaby off the pitch whose celebrations in our victories and/or goals is second to none on the pitch. Have you seen him go?...This guy is not doing it for the money. He's all heart.
Hmmm, that's just his personality, looking how he was elsewhere, with Brazil, and off the pitch. He wants to win because that's his style, he's enthusiastic and bubbly. I wonder, if he was a quieter, unassuming guy without crazy goal celebrations, but exactly the same level of player, would he be so popular and would he have so many rushing to defend him? I guess not, and really those things aren't important. I only care that a player as good or better replaces him, not whether he has funny goal and win celebrations. If the board decide to keep him I'll be equally pleased.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
:scared:
What's with the attitude? Last time I checked, you were in the military, somehow ironic to tell someone to have a life :lol2:
i served my country and i m now a civilian again, but unlike you, i do have a life and cant be here 24h/day.
You have nothing better to do than on liners fill of mockery and insults, you are disgrace to the forums and all that it stands for.

I told you before, if you cant behave your self, just ignore me, enough with the personal insults, go get a life and do smth more meaningful, than trying to start a flame war at every chance, in an internet forum...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)