Felipe Melo (11 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I wouldn't say he's having a good season, his performances went down together with team performances. If you add to that his January madness, where he clearly fucked up in the wrong moment.. He's been our second best midfielder after Krasič, but that isn't saying much if we consider how Aqua has dissappointed and who plays on the left wing. If we could get our money back, I'd sell without thinking twice (or not buy him in the first place), but there's no point in selling with big losses, hopefully he will improve in future.

taem

May 1, 2011
A week later melo's words are still in circulation. Posted 9 hours ago:

Felipe Melo and Luigi Delneri to leave Juventus, Alberto Aquilani to move back to Liverpool – Serie A

Juventus FC's midfielder Felipe Melo might be on his way out of the outfit if Luigi Delneri is to exit from the outfit. The midfielder said that the tactician has given him the confidence he lacked in order to emerge as a better performer and if the coach gets sacked and moves to another outfit, Melo might be among the names that exit the Turin giants.
http://blogs.bettor.com/Felipe-Melo...rto-Aquilani-to-move-back-to-Liverpool-a65754

"Luckily" the article goes on to note that no one is willing to come here to replace Delneri, luckily in the sense of keeping Melo happy that is. Guy is a keeper, becoming a big fan of his, his inability to detach his arm for freekicks notwithstanding.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
melo should definitely stay. Although rather inconsisent, he has quality. I'd like to see how he'd do next to a player that is similar in qualities to his own. Giving him some more freedom to football. Having said that, it would only be plausible if the attack and or wings are more creative on their own.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I wouldn't say he's having a good season, his performances went down together with team performances. If you add to that his January madness, where he clearly fucked up in the wrong moment.. He's been our second best midfielder after Krasič, but that isn't saying much if we consider how Aqua has dissappointed and who plays on the left wing. If we could get our money back, I'd sell without thinking twice (or not buy him in the first place), but there's no point in selling with big losses, hopefully he will improve in future.
These are my sentiments, as well. :tup:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Very good game tonight, its amazing how many crosses he heads clear from our box.

His tackle on Zarate in the first half and his near attack on Ledesma were highlights.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
melo should definitely stay. Although rather inconsisent, he has quality. I'd like to see how he'd do next to a player that is similar in qualities to his own. Giving him some more freedom to football. Having said that, it would only be plausible if the attack and or wings are more creative on their own.
Totally agree with your opinion. :tup:

Aug 1, 2003
Agreed, though I have no hope of the team making any useful purchases in the near future (or anyone that's better than Melo), so I hope he'll stay.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Better than all of our CMs this season. Just eges Marchisio, but far superior to the useless Aquilani.
Just edges Marchisio? He is far better. I'd also go to say that he's been more consistent then Krasic notwithstanding his suspension. If we can get a really good attacking CM next to him (Sahin :tuttosport: ) then our midfield would be really ticking.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Just edges Marchisio? He is far better. I'd also go to say that he's been more consistent then Krasic notwithstanding his suspension. If we can get a really good attacking CM next to him (Sahin :tuttosport: ) then our midfield would be really ticking.
Not if we keep Del Neri and the "attacking" CM spends his whole match in our half of the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)