Felipe Melo (342 Viewers)

ceezy

Sep 1, 2010
Difficult to look past the mistakes today. Other than that he was ok I guess, but still gave the ball away too much, especially in the first half.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Other than his couple of brain explosion errors and lack of discipline when things are going tough - he can really mature into a top player.
see this is what pisses me off

Poulsen could gp through games doing nothing wrong and get ripped a new arsehole
Pepe had a decent first half and was the subject of much criticism
Quagliarella played a disciplined game for the team and put ina lot of effort yet is slated

Melo almost gifts 2 fucking goals away and people say he had a good game "except his brain farts" the double standards on here are unbelievable. we could have been 3-0 down at one point but hey its ok Melo didn't fuck up in the second half,lets all wank him off

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Ya but it's not just about making no mistakes! I could fucking go out on the pitch and make no mistakes! Please don't compare Poulsen to Melo. Poulsen stands around in midfield all game and makes 2 foot passes. Melo was bossing Samp's entire midfield by himself.

Melo is a difference maker when he's on. He's not just there to play safe. I mean, Samp couldn't get anything in the middle of the field. All 3 goals came from the wings.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Melo is too inconsistent (hot and cold) for my liking. Just when you think you want to like him again he pulls a Sissoko then in the second half when you think he is over the hump and you start getting excited he gets a stupid yellow.

I would rather have two players like Aquilani and Marchisio playing next to each other with less defense but more composure and less mistakes than having Melo putting us under pressure.

Jun 13, 2007
Ya but it's not just about making no mistakes! I could fucking go out on the pitch and make no mistakes! Please don't compare Poulsen to Melo. Poulsen stands around in midfield all game and makes 2 foot passes. Melo was bossing Samp's entire midfield by himself.

Melo is a difference maker when he's on. He's not just there to play safe. I mean, Samp couldn't get anything in the middle of the field. All 3 goals came from the wings.
I agree. Melo definitely has more impact than players like Poulsen. I thought he just lost concentration for a good part of the first half. He was still very solid defensively. In the second half, it seemed like he would go off but he picked up his game substantially and was indispensable for the team. He even had some nice passes near the end.

With that said, I think it's absolutely unacceptable for any player playing at this level to make the sort of mistakes Melo was in the first half. But I'm liking him this season. I love his attitude on the pitch. He's very passionate and determined and I think that's why most of us let him get away with a lot of the shit he pulls of on the pitch.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
With Marchisio+Aquilani midfield, our fullbacks and if Krasic never tracks back like he didn't yesterday, conceding only 3 goals per game would be an achievement

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
so if the mistakes he made had cost us goals and we were 3-0 down would you lot still be so happy with his performance? like i say,it is not the backing of a player that is annoying me,it is the double standards. he was awful in the first half,but hey,its ok,they never scored from his balls-up so he is a hero

awit

Jan 10, 2010
He made one bad pass. The second one was a slip that could happen to anyone. Besides those two he was bossing the midfield like he has been bossing it in all of our games so far this season and preseason.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
nonsense,he was caught in possesion,dawdling on the ball,slowing up our play and everytime he got the ball i was shitting myself because he was always nearly getting caught on the ball.
it was a terrible performance,and the more i think about it the worse it seems,yet folk here are saying he bossed the midfield,all i seen was a dunbass who was hindering our play

yes the second half he played very well but for me the mistakes of the first half are a major worry

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
so if the mistakes he made had cost us goals and we were 3-0 down would you lot still be so happy with his performance? like i say,it is not the backing of a player that is annoying me,it is the double standards. he was awful in the first half,but hey,its ok,they never scored from his balls-up so he is a hero
It obviously had noting to do with a great save from our goalie either that people forget to mention. Melo was great makes me laugh. He did some really foolish things along with some good things but the foolish mistakes unfortunately overshadow his performance but the Melo lovers refuse to acknowledge it yet are the same people that bash Motta because they happened to score against him.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
I'm not a Melo lover by any means, I like Marchisio more and wish he would actually provide a meaningful contribution. Yes he scored one goal but besides that he has been totally invisible for the 180 minutes we have played Serie A this season and one of the biggest reasons why our attacking play was completely ineffective in the first game against Bari (since he's the CM in our team that's actually supposed to contribute in attack).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
mistakes? it was one brainfart, and had mr invisible been more involved then scary melo wouldnt be taking on all of that workload. can we get over his troubled past when evaluating his performances?
Just as soon as we accept his horrendous mistakes and fragile composure like I am when evaluating his performances. Actually, the sooner he players like Mr. Invisible in the sense where less mistakes are made, then perhaps we could forget his past.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not a Melo lover by any means, I like Marchisio more and wish he would actually provide a meaningful contribution. Yes he scored one goal but besides that he has been totally invisible for the 180 minutes we have played Serie A this season and one of the biggest reasons why our attacking play was completely ineffective in the first game against Bari (since he's the CM in our team that's actually supposed to contribute in attack).
I guess Marchisio should score every game then to justify his ability since he doesn't seem to do enough...Come on, he might have been quiet but he worked his ass off, completed passes, supported his teammates and didn't make any rash or irrational mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 342)