Felipe Melo (360 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Does anyone remember that long ball from Melo that he completely mis-hit and went playing out of bounds? I remember seeing Del Neri holding his arms up wondering what the heck that was.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
what? hows that related to what we re talking about? you re ranting about melo mistakes and hailing claudio as a player who might not be as flashy yet doesnt make mistakes, the fact so far is claudio cost us a goal while melo didnt
Let's not get carried away here with the adverbs (I think, not adjectives...please clarify). Just like you want to focus on the overall performances before evaluating I am including the mistakes because unfortunately they are part of the overall performances.

Melo had many many many great moments yesterday but he did make mistakes that are the reasons why some are so hesitant to trust him.

Hell Deneb, some people here want Sissoko to start because of what he did 2 years ago. Damn dude, cut me some slack, I am trying be objective here. Afterall, it's not like I am talking about Amauri:D

awit

Jan 10, 2010
You think those that praise Marchisio are being objective and those that praise Melo aren't? You think this forum has more "Melo lovers" than "Marchisio lovers"? Better think again.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:p sowwy, anyhoos most of our talent is in the middle of the pitch so hopefully we can get it to work to concentrate on strengthening other depts. I personally like players who care and show "balls", and i would always take yesterday's melo over yesterday's marchisio.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:p sowwy, anyhoos most of our talent is in the middle of the pitch so hopefully we can get it to work to concentrate on strengthening other depts. I personally like players who care and show "balls", and i would always take yesterday's melo over yesterday's marchisio.
So you think Marchisio doesn't care? He has shown to have balls and intelligence much more than Melo has.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I guess after a season with all those Amauri vs Del Piero debates, now we have to get used for the Melo vs Marchisio ones.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Some of the Marchisio loving in here is a joke. How you can possibly rate him over Melo based on yesterdays performance is beyond me.

He completed passes? Yeah lateral passes that did shit all going forward. He held his shape well? That means nothing if you don't move well of the ball and work hard. He did not work hard yesterday he hasn't for a while and that shows in his performances.

Melo however, has been working his arse off and for how often he is winning and passing the ball his efficiency is not all that bad. The guy deserves some credit finally.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Some of the Marchisio loving in here is a joke. How you can possibly rate him over Melo based on yesterdays performance is beyond me.

He completed passes? Yeah lateral passes that did shit all going forward. He held his shape well? That means nothing if you don't move well of the ball and work hard. He did not work hard yesterday he hasn't for a while and that shows in his performances.

Melo however, has been working his arse off and for how often he is winning and passing the ball his efficiency is not all that bad. The guy deserves some credit finally.
He is getting credit and has gotten quite a bit actually, but he also deserves criticsm from his mistakes, no? Or is Melo the only one that get's a free pass because he works his ass off.

You know what, DC an Grygera also work their asses off so let's keep them playing meanwhile let's give Sissoko another shot because of how well he did his first season here because he too works his ass off.

Heaven forbid a player is "quiet" during the first few games of a new season. Marchisio has never been loud but has quietly done his job and done it well. No reason for the Marchisio criticsm if Melo can't be given any. Just because Marchisio hasn't any outstanding performances are no reason to subject him to criticsm when he hasn't really made that many bad performances. "Bad" performances are necessarily in the same category as "off" performances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 360)