Felipe Melo (342 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Dont understand all the applause, too many mistakes in the first half. Just decent in the second. The midfield lay completely open.. Lost his head again in the final stages of the game.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Dont understand all the applause, too many mistakes in the first half. Just decent in the second. The midfield lay completely open.. Lost his head again in the final stages of the game.
i have been getting pelters for saying this

apparently he was "awesome" in the first half

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
actually it would have been strange if those blunders he made in the first half had actually cost us goals(and the game) if he would be getting the same praise

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The game was super tight in the 1st half. There were very few opportunities to do anything going forward.

He slipped once and the ball took a wicked bounce and found Pozzi. And he made another giveaway inside Samp's territory. Other than that, he didn't do anything else wrong and was destroying people in midfield. No one in Samp's midfield did anything. None of them even got near our box before he stripped them.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
actually it would have been strange if those blunders he made in the first half had actually cost us goals(and the game) if he would be getting the same praise
He did far more good then harm. In the first half apart from losing the ball twice (one of which was due to slipping on the pitch) he was passing well, winning a lot of ball and covering the defence. He was easily the best on the pitch for us in the first half.

I agree he's too slow with the ball at his feet but that only cost him once really and his passing is generally pretty good. He needs to become more accustomed to the one-touch passing that we're really going to need in midfield though.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
he was almost caught on the ball at least 4 times in the first half because he would not release the pass,he gave it away once and yes he slipped and it almost cost us a goal but slipped or not,if that had been Poulsen he would have been crucified!

but no

Melo was good despite his "brain farts" its bloody ridiculous

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He almost got caught but didn't. But the game was super tight. Samp had everyone behind the ball. We saw in the 2nd half when the game opened up, did Melo screw up our attack? Not at all.

But his destruction of Samp's midfield is what's most important. By the end of the game they were turning away from his challenges. That stuff is important. It helps create our identity as a fast, physical team.

No one is perfect, lots of players make mistakes in a game. Del Piero lost the ball 5 times. Pepe crossed it into a defender 5 times. De Ceglie and Motta got turned around like revolving doors all game. Melo slipped and fell and made one bad pass.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
He almost got caught but didn't. But the game was super tight. Samp had everyone behind the ball. We saw in the 2nd half when the game opened up, did Melo screw up our attack? Not at all.

But his destruction of Samp's midfield is what's most important. By the end of the game they were turning away from his challenges. That stuff is important. It helps create our identity as a fast, physical team.
it was the most open game i have seen in years

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
I like Melo, he had a pretty bad first half but was good when he settled, he just needs to stop holding on to the ball so much in the centre of the pitch its extremely dangerous when losing the ball there like when he slipped!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:agree:

I don't understand the praise he has got for the game today. In my book, you can't make one or two huge mistakes and be considered to have had a good game.

People are too into passionate, exciting players, rather than ones who are controlled and quietly do their job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 342)