Felipe Melo (329 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Playing better each game, at one point he tackled Sneijder and then sprinted down Samual and forced him to play it out of the park, nice to see some commitment from him.

His passing was better too.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Are you guys serious? He should have been sent off early on in the game. I won't be accusing him of being intelligent any time soon.

And like I posted in the game thread:

What is with Melo anyway? I have just about run out of patience with this guy. At times I find myself asking if he even gives a damn about what he's doing.
If anyone wants to torture himself by rewatching the game, pay attention to 2 moments:
- Minute 26: Sissoko fucks up his ball control, Inter start a fast & dangerous counter, Sissoko sprints back & manages to block a potentially dangerous shot.
- Minute 28: Yet another bad (short) pass from Melo, Inter start a fast & dangerous counter, Sissoko sprints back (obviously coming too late) while Melo does not, thankfully nothing comes of it because our defense takes care of it.

I have seen this happening time & time again, and frankly, it's disgusting.

Sep 18, 2008
I think Melo is starting to show what he is capable of, which is something considering the pressure he is under every week. I admit there are a number of miss passes, but there is no movement from other members of the team at the moment, which forces bad passes. With a good team and coach around him, Melo will be a great team player. I think we should at least allow him one more season to prove his worth.

Also, those pictures at the top of the page of him are awful, I feel mentally scarred from looking at them!

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I have this imagination that Melo can be a very good box-to-box midfielder because his shooting is better than any of our midfielders and he's also good at pressing, while not so committed in retriving a ball especially after sloppy play and limited passing ability; so neither a regista nor what I see as the ideal dm.
He plays alongside Gilberto Silva in Brazil, I assume Gilberto is the dm who stays back all the time or man-marks someone (when I fantasize replicating that, I imagine Poulson-Melo duo); I can't remember Melo's exact role for Brazil. Somebody please enlighten me about Melo with Brazil. I also have this idea that he's very good for Brazil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 329)