Felipe Melo (71 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
Now let's not all get too excited here. I really liked Melo and thought the way the fans treated him was horrible. He obviously has the potential to give so much to this team. However, talent or ability was never his problem. It was his consistency, or lackthereof. Benching him today was the catalyst to making him perform well in my opinion. When he is too comfortable into thinking his position is secure, he seems to get too lazy and complacent.

We saw a player today who was hungry and very determined to prove everyone wrong. If he keeps this up then he'll definitely keeps his place with the team next season.

I loved his celebration. I actually believe he was being respectful, classy and at the same time displaying a hint of sarcasm. The way the booed him when he came on for Candreva was just uncalled for. So he comes in and fixes the balance of the team, scores the winning goal, and thanks the fans for their support. Yeah.. I sense a little sarcasm.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I loved the gesture he did after the goal. He really handled that situation correctly and he was amazing through out the game.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
The problem is we have too many "box to box" midfielders in the team so we always need to bench one/two of them or at least play out of position (today it was Marchisio). We should get rid of at least 1 of Sissoko/Melo/Marchisio in the summer imo and strengthen other areas with the money..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)