Felipe Melo (69 Viewers)

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
oh really now? so what was criscito considered 4 games into his juve career when he was banished and then shipped off? What about henry?
and both of these are very good examples...

i don't call melo a flop yet. with the brazil squad he does great. also when he first came here he did some great stuff. so i can blame ferrara for his bad appearances.

someone can say, but you call tiago great, although he performed really well for lyon. yes, but maybe the italian championship doesn't suit tiago. melo did great things with another italian team some months before. so until i see him playing like crap under another coach, i can't call him a flop...

Buy on AliExpress.com

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Personally I never said anything about Criscito. Players need a season to settle in. People who call Melo a shit player will be made to look foolish when he tears it up for Brazil in the World Cup. Melo is having a bad run of form that I can't deny but he's been here only 6 months hardly enough time to cast opinion.
we know he will. he showed that when he started his bad run of form & then played hiss ass off for brazil in the middle east them came back & stunk up the place for us again. So i have no doubt he will shine in South Africa.

i know you didn;t say anything about criscito but i was just pointing out that judgement has been passed out quicker in the past

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Personally I never said anything about Criscito. Players need a season to settle in. People who call Melo a shit player will be made to look foolish when he tears it up for Brazil in the World Cup. Melo is having a bad run of form that I can't deny but he's been here only 6 months hardly enough time to cast opinion.
Even though I said it wasn't Ciro's fault that Melo has been performing bad, it certainly doesn't help that he is so inexperienced and can't really be looked up too.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Felipe Melo is the one who under-performs more than the others in this team of underperformers.

Do you guys remember how well Cannavaro played at the start of the season? How Diego played? How Melo played.....or the best example, how Buffon played?
Did you notice how Buffon starting playing worse and worse with each match and how he stopped making amazing saves?

The same was happening to every single player in Juve, bar Chiellini.

Not a coincidence. Not a question of 3-4 players. They all as a team stopped playing, lost confidence, lost hope and blame me as much as you want but I blame the coach for that.
All our players stopped bothering, started playing nonchalantly and bloodlessly and Melo is simply the one who shows the atmosphere in the team more directly and more obviously than all the others.

For some weeks now we'll be playing without Sissoko, Buffon, Giovinco, Trezeguet, Camoranesi and probably Poulsen. We'll probably get more defeats and the atmosphere will become even worse. In desperation players will get red cards, frustration will grow and they'll start blaming and fighting eachother, which will finish us.
Ciro will not be able to change anything at all now, because even if we're not so off form, we're missing half of the team, the most important players.
There is no other way how to gain the confidence back, the same confidence that got the best out of Gigi, Canna, Melo and Diego at the start, unless we buy a new coach.

That's why I join those who refuse to blame Melo alone and when I'll blame Melo i'll blame all the others, apart from Chiellini, equally as much as I blame Melo.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Felipe Melo is the one who under-performs more than the others in this team of underperformers.

Do you guys remember how well Cannavaro played at the start of the season? How Diego played? How Melo played.....or the best example, how Buffon played?
Did you notice how Buffon starting playing worse and worse with each match and how he stopped making amazing saves?

Not a coincidence. Not a question of 3-4 players. They all as a team stopped playing, lost confidence, lost hope and blame me as much as you want but I blame the coach for that.
All our players stopped bothering, started playing nonchalantly and bloodlessly and Melo is simply the one who shows the atmosphere in the team more directly and more obviously than all the others.

For some weeks now we'll be playing without Sissoko, Buffon, Giovinco, Trezeguet, Camoranesi and probably Poulsen. We'll probably get more defeats and the atmosphere will become even worse. In desperation players will get red cards.
Ciro will not be able to change anything at all now, because even if we're not so off form, we're missing half of the team, the most important players.
There is no other way how to gain the confidence back, the same confidence that got the best out of Gigi, Canna, Melo and Diego at the start, unless we buy a new coach.

That's why I join those who refuse to blame Melo alone and when I'll blame Melo i'll blame all the others, apart from Chiellini, equally as much as I blame Melo.
:tup: Fantastic post Alen. + Rep.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Melo screwed up unrelated to being "played out of position" today.

That said, I also think it's a pretty pathetic defense for a guy like Melo -- who was supposedly a Serie A class talent -- to be so brittle that you cannot ask the guy to stretch beyond one of a two-person holding midfielder position next to Silva.

When the rat (Zambrotta) played for us, he was at left back, right back, left wing, etc., and managed to at least be competent at all of those -- if not one of our better players. Someone like Melo cannot be that one-dimensional as a cover-up for his inability to perform by crying "foul" because he's not in the one formation among a million possible that works for him.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

That said, I also think it's a pretty pathetic defense for a guy like Melo -- who was supposedly a Serie A class talent -- to be so brittle that you cannot ask the guy to stretch beyond one of a two-person holding midfielder position next to Silva.

When the rat (Zambrotta) played for us, he was at left back, right back, left wing, etc., and managed to at least be competent at all of those -- if not one of our better players. Someone like Melo cannot be that one-dimensional as a cover-up for his inability to perform by crying "foul" because he's not in the only one formation among a million possible that works for him.
The guy clearly is at rock bottom, confidence wise and it shows. He is far from a bad player just one thats lacking confidence.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

When the rat (Zambrotta) played for us, he was at left back, right back, left wing, etc., and managed to at least be competent at all of those -- if not one of our better players. Someone like Melo cannot be that one-dimensional as a cover-up for his inability to perform by crying "foul" because he's not in the one formation among a million possible that works for him.
Some players have the versatility thing going for them, clearly not Melo. But he's an emotional guy, it's plain to see. The Bidone D'Or, fans jeering, constant criticism is really affecting him. He's a quality player and we'll see it when we start winning and the team is playing well.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

For some weeks now we'll be playing without Sissoko, Buffon, Giovinco, Trezeguet, Camoranesi and probably Poulsen. We'll probably get more defeats and the atmosphere will become even worse. In desperation players will get red cards, frustration will grow and they'll start blaming and fighting eachother, which will finish us.

Add to that how Marchisio played well in beginning of the season and Camo too..
Good post Alen as usual

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

top post, sometimes the best thing for this situation is a breath of fresh air, a new coach.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

This is true in general, but not all cases are equal. For instance, Marchisio has been praised for his work rate, but the kid is just now on the cusp of launching his career, breaking into the national team. Amid our crisis nonetheless. So it makes perfect sense for him to exert himself even if the team is going nowhere. Let's see how much fire he has in him at Camo's age and having Camo's comfortable position of haven proven himself beyond any doubt.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He did keep it simple, and that's why he did well. Thought he did very nicely cutting out passes and crosses, acting as a 5th defender at times. Hope he continues like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)