Felipe Melo (5 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Surprised to see there are no comments about Melo's performance yesterday, since we saw some extremely poor decision making by him.

For pretty much the complete 2nd half the entire team tried to play out the game, holding on to the 1-0 lead. Meaningless passing, keeping it as simple as possible, lacklustre posession play, trying to win time, almost never attempting to set up attacks, ...
There was absolutely no reason to play like this (and it was disgusting to watch) but, at around the 90th minute, it started to look like we were actually going to be lucky enough to pull it of.

Then all of a sudden, as the game is about to end and we finally have every reason to try and hold on to the lead, he decides it's no longer necessary to keep it simple, but the time has come for some fancy passing to try and set up an attack.
I didn't even believe it when I saw it. What a rookie mistake.

Edit: Corriere is reporting that there was some kind of confrontation between (an unhappy) Ferrara & Melo in the changing room. Melo has played that down though.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
on the entire 90 minutes Melo was rock in midfield his only mistake was that lazy pass he did. Otherwise he had a really good match he had lot's of tackles!

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Surprised to see there are no comments about Melo's performance yesterday, since we saw some extremely poor decision making by him.

For pretty much the complete 2nd half the entire team tried to play out the game, holding on to the 1-0 lead. Meaningless passing, keeping it as simple as possible, lacklustre posession play, trying to win time, almost never attempting to set up attacks, ...
There was absolutely no reason to play like this (and it was disgusting to watch) but, at around the 90th minute, it started to look like we were actually going to be lucky enough to pull it of.

Then all of a sudden, as the game is about to end and we finally have every reason to try and hold on to the lead, he decides it's no longer necessary to keep it simple, but the time has come for some fancy passing to try and set up an attack.
I didn't even believe it when I saw it. What a rookie mistake.

Edit: Corriere is reporting that there was some kind of confrontation between (an unhappy) Ferrara & Melo in the changing room. Melo has played that down though.
I agree, but melo was solid in my eyes

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
if I could I'd love to!
I don't understand how anyone could "love" to watch that horror show again. ;)

and i think it is u who should watch it again buck futter.. melo was solid
As I pointed out in my match report, Melo did a lot of good stuff, as he has always done for us so far.
Sadly, he also did a lot of bad things. Hell, the good barely outweighed the bad imo.
Holding the ball too long, being to slow when tracking back, attempting a lame shot on goal without any perseverance, ...
Maybe I am too harsh, but I just didn't like what I saw from him yesterday.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i guess am one of his biggest fans now, he is a great player and psycho. i can't ask for more. this guy on his way to be the best on his position but he should avoid useless things like he did yesterday.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If Melo was 'really good' yesterday presumably he dominated the midfield, didn't make stupid errors late in the game or have an argument with Ciro about his performance.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Even when he has had much better performances then the average one of Bologna, he STILL makes nonchalant and stupid mistakes in terms of having a real bad and unfocused decision making in when he decides for some silly fancy pass or play when there is no need. He puts the team in danger couple a times a game with these types of things (has possession of the ball infront of the defence, and its like he is frozen in time or lost in his thoughts, and then makes a meek pass right at the closest opposition player). Mentally pretty immature stuff with these stuff.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ofcourse, it generally doesnt effect his overall quality display (unless he is bit average like against Bologna), but its so unnecessary to make these rash and silly passes, its pretty lame to see such nonchalance from him. I noticed it in Viola too, hopefully he learns from it, or Ciro need to chew him out more.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
It's over confidence that can be cured with a slap on the side of the head by new associated coach Pavel Nedved. :xfinger:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)