Felipe Melo (11 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It does feel like we rushed into this thing, and the "Viola" played this to their advantage, no 2 ways about it. He isn't worth 25m and I'd say Marchionni is worth a bit more than 4,5m. So from a financial point of view Secco (or whoever arranged the deal) should have done better.

What also keeps bothering me is the fact that this guy is nothing short of a card- magnet, and I think we already have enough of those.

Let's hope for the best though!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
done bitch and moan about the price its done now, im happy he is a great player, right now all the prices have become higher.

forza melo!

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
nothing is good enough for you guys, look at the prices of the players in the market these days and you will now we got him in a fair price, if you need a WC player you need to pay good money. and please Marchionni worth more than 4,5 pleaaase he is injured most of the season and he really sucks man 4.5m is the best we can get

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
nothing is good enough for you guys, look at the prices of the players in the market these days and you will now we got him in a fair price, if you need a WC player you need to pay good money. and please Marchionni worth more than 4,5 pleaaase he is injured most of the season and he really sucks man 4.5m is the best we can get
Is Melo a WC player? Maybe, maybe not.
Marchionni doesn't suck, he was just not good enough for us. If prices in the market are inflated, shouldn't his price be inflated too? Look I'm not saying he's worth 12m or something, but definitely more than 4,5m.

The way I see it, we blew 25m on a position which didn't need strengthening in the first place. And that's why I'm not 100% happy with this transfer.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I'll be honest, I watched a handful games of Felipe Melo, combined with Fiorentina and Brazil(from the Conf. cup), so I basically know shit about the player and I certainly can't be the judge, but when I look at him on paper...I see a player who is 26 and played one year for Almeria, one year for Fiorentina and all of a sudden makes a 25 million Euro switch to freaking Juventus. Either he made an enourmous jump in quality or Fiorentina took us for a ride. Just one season in Serie A, where is his consistency to justify such a sum? And where were all the other big clubs with such bids?

I may be talking out of my ass and I'll probably be called out on it, but I feel we rushed into this transfer for lack of better options, just like with Tiago, Poulsen... though naturally, this doesn't mean Melo will flop, I'm just sceptical about it.

trust me, this guy is the shit...absolutely fantastic signing for Juve

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Mark, what the hell?
haha, who did that?
It was me who did it, I tried copying Mark's post from the roster thread and fell asleep afterwards and forgot to remoe it. Nothing against you, Ze.

Someone tell Melo we play in vertical stripes.
Was he painting his kitchen before he came to sign?

I still feel Melo was hugely overpayed..I'm sceptical over this transfer. But since he's playing in Serie A, he's immediatelly overrated. Good player, not sure if he was needed and definetly sure he was overpayed.

We could have kept Poulsen and revolutionised our defense..
I think the sum was steep but at the same time the player is really good. I would have preferred D' Agostino actually but hey...I won't complain, our midfield looks complete and with one purchace at the back we'll look pretty decent.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Hmm good points he was overpriced and fiorentina did really well out of it http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul16b.html

We dont have a moggi to bargain out transfers so where credits due its gotta be given, atleast we had the balls to go out and spend the cash all be it we might come to regret it but theres nothing worse than wondering maybe..

I agree though we definetly became desperate and thats a sign of overlooking weaknesses and becoming extravagant, im optimistic though that melo has what it takes to be sold for much more than we bought him and he will give a lot to this team. It was a risk but i believe as the board made there mind up on getting a midfielder then melo was the best available choice.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I think the sum was steep but at the same time the player is really good. I would have preferred D' Agostino actually but hey...I won't complain, our midfield looks complete and with one purchace at the back we'll look pretty decent.
I would have prefered D'Agostino as well.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I personally dont understand the dislike/hate and huge relief of getting rid of him, yes he was poor, yes he didnt make it here but prior to signing marchionni there were a lot of us raving about him. Infact if anything IMO Marchionni has more loyalty in his veins than a certain grandpa we bought this summer.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
maybe he is overpriced, maybe not but I do know that the Diego deal was the bargain of the summer -price, quality-
Real have ruined it for everyone this summer with their mega-spending
all prices are out of controll now add to that a financial crisis
and only a few can still cough it up now
hence a quiet mercato

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The mercato is not only Diego, Melo and Cannavaro. For me it's the revival of Trezeguet after the dark era with Ranieri (only last season though) and Jonathan. If Zebina stays injury free and mentally stable, we're up to a great RB. It looks like we're getting Santa as well which will only serve as cherry on top. One cannot simply have a perfect mercato, but if we do get Santa we're as close to perfect as possible.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Let's sell Poulsen if that's the case.I really want to see Santacroce in a Juve jersey.. I read that the new formation that we are using doesn't suit Poulsen well. so hopefully that makes him re think his decision of staying in Juve.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I would have prefered D'Agostino as well.
D'Agostino actually fits more into our system looking at the players we have in our squad. D'Agostino would add much more than Melo IMO.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about figures because I never do nor that I care about it.

One more thing, not that I'm not happy we signed Melo, but we are more complete in the middle than defense with our without Melo. Melo wasn't a necessarily as much as it is/was necessarily to get at least 1 more defender.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
At least we have someone who can make some decent no nonsense passes now. 25 mln maybe on the higher side but I'm sure Ciro was asked the kind of player he wants for his system to work. We tried to get D'Ago on the cheap and maybe decided that Melo would be more value for money than D'Ago...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)