Felipe Melo (9 Viewers)

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Bench Cannavaro for the sake of it and add Legro, rotate Molinaro/De Ceglie, Camo/Marchisio and Diego/Giovinco and it's great.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm happy to stay realistic at the moment.

That will give our CBs a lot of protection, but it won't be so easy to give the fullbacks good protection.
As much as the 3 of momo, melo and marchisio run and how much ground they can cover I think the backline will be much more secure. It would change with that panzy tiago though when he came in.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
srsly watching all these inflated transfers go thru, diego's deal was the bargain of the summer for everyone involved
Well, Ronaldo and Kaka were already established players at major clubs and are obviously top three players, along with Messi. Of course you'll have to break the bank for them.

While Real did overpay, much of that price will come back to them because of those names on the back of their shirts.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
Well, Ronaldo and Kaka were already established players at major clubs and are obviously top three players, along with Messi. Of course you'll have to break the bank for them.

While Real did overpay, much of that price will come back to them because of those names on the back of their shirts.
i mean like glen johnson to liverpool for 17million pounds
udinese were asking for a shitload of money for d'agostino
antonio valencia to man utd for 18million euros
karim benzema for 41millione euros
santa cruz for 17million pounds

compare diego's price tag to thos and its def a crazy bargain given besides benzema hes better than all of them

i never meant to include cristiano and kaka..theyre obv very rare commodities in the world of football

Mar 30, 2006
Hello Melo!

I am proud of Juve's work on the transfer market. I na time where Serie A is looked at as a joke Juventus are becoming a serious threat again in world football :)

I hope the team clicks right away and we can sell some of the excess players. Then we can get fullbacks because our transfer market can not be seen as complete I feel without at least one new fullback.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I still feel Melo was hugely overpayed..I'm sceptical over this transfer. But since he's playing in Serie A, he's immediatelly overrated. Good player, not sure if he was needed and definetly sure he was overpayed.

We could have kept Poulsen and revolutionised our defense..

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I still feel Melo was hugely overpayed..I'm sceptical over this transfer. But since he's playing in Serie A, he's immediatelly overrated. Good player, not sure if he was needed and definetly sure he was overpayed.

We could have kept Poulsen and revolutionised our defense..
:tup:
Spot on.
Melo is not worth 25m, not even close.

More importantly, he is just not what we need right now.
Or do you guys think he really is a huge upgrade compared to, for example, Marchisio or Zanetti?
I predict a lot of the people who now applaud this signing to start bitching in the future when Marchisio and/or Camo aren't getting any playing time.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'll be honest, I watched a handful games of Felipe Melo, combined with Fiorentina and Brazil(from the Conf. cup), so I basically know shit about the player and I certainly can't be the judge, but when I look at him on paper...I see a player who is 26 and played one year for Almeria, one year for Fiorentina and all of a sudden makes a 25 million Euro switch to freaking Juventus. Either he made an enourmous jump in quality or Fiorentina took us for a ride. Just one season in Serie A, where is his consistency to justify such a sum? And where were all the other big clubs with such bids?

I may be talking out of my ass and I'll probably be called out on it, but I feel we rushed into this transfer for lack of better options, just like with Tiago, Poulsen... though naturally, this doesn't mean Melo will flop, I'm just sceptical about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)