Felipe Melo (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I dont see why a player should be restricted to a number regardless of what significance history plays with this particular number. If he likes 88, he should be given that for god's sake he aint no nazi im sure his got a personal reason as to why he would like to keep this number, a club should respect a players wishes.. again... its only a number!
No, it isn't. And I'm not saying the number implies Melo's a nazist. Of course it doesn't. But why would he play with it, if he knows people are going to talk about it? Perhaps it's only a number where you come from, but it's not in Italy. And I don't want to see Juventus and nazism in the same sentence. He should pick another number and avoid this entire discussion.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I just want official confirmation of this deal, so i don't have to keep worrying that something horrible will happen and we will somehow not sign him after all this.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Hold the fuck up. He's wearing 88? Ah, we were robbed!

But in all seriousness, if he were a nazi (which I highly doubt) as long as he keeps his mouth shut and plays good football and doesn't try and kill Momo in his sleep and kills Moli in his sleep then we need not worry.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hold the fuck up. He's wearing 88? Ah, we were robbed!

But in all seriousness, if he were a nazi (which I highly doubt) as long as he keeps his mouth shut and play good football and not try and kill Momo in his sleep and kills Moli in his sleep then we need not worry.
Of course he's not a nazi, but 88 is hardly a traditional number in football and given the fact that A LOT of Italians know what 88 stands for it is not the smartest choice. Picking another number would be class IMO.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't believe this #88 stuff is really being taken seriously.

I thought everyone was just agreeing to joke about it while we killed time waiting for the deal to become official.
To put it simply: if Melo's so keen on wearing 88 even though he knows what that means in Europe, he's a moron. And I don't want morons in my team. The guy is obviously not a nazist (he's not even Arian FFS :D), but why provoke an argument? It would be very silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)