Felipe Anderson (3 Viewers)

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Lazio scouts Santos and buy their standout talent for €15m in 2013. Two years later they have one of the most sought after talents and demand €50m.

How many talents are they signing a year?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Regardless of the result, I was talking about the two gameplans.
But the result actually destroys your argument. The fact that other coaches have to change their style when they face Guardiola isn't evidence to his genius. It only shows that they found a way to beat Guardiola's teams.
When teams put a man to mark Pirlo and when they pressed Juve's defensive trio, they didn't change their gameplan due to Conte's tactical superiority. They simply found a weakness in Conte's system and they exploited it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But the result actually destroys your argument. The fact that other coaches have to change their style when they face Guardiola isn't evidence to his genius. It only shows that they found a way to beat Guardiola's teams.
When teams put a man to mark Pirlo and when they pressed Juve's defensive trio, they didn't change their gameplan due to Conte's tactical superiority. They simply found a weakness in Conte's system and they exploited it.
This is the way I look at it:

When Heynckes played Real, and he did beat them I know that, but in order to beat them he had to set his team up in a defensive way, and try and stifle Real and play on counter attacks, that was not his usual gameplan in the Bundesliga. Real at the time with Mourinho as their coach, felt that they were a superior team to Bayern, and for that reason they didn't think they had to counter Bayern's strenths, instead they played their usual gameplan and attacked Bayern.

When Pep played Ancelotti's Real, Real all of a sudden felt the need to alter their gameplan, Ancelotti didn't think his team was good enough to play their usual gameplan against Bayern, instead he thought(and rightfully so, I know) that he had to set his team up defensively to counter the fact that Bayern will definitely dominate possession. The fact that Pep forces opposing managers to alter their playing style when they face his teams is IMO an indication that he is a dominant manager.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Lazio scouts Santos and buy their standout talent for €15m in 2013. Two years later they have one of the most sought after talents and demand €50m.

How many talents are they signing a year?
2012/13
Bruno Pereirinha €0

2013/14
Felipe Anderson €8m
Brayan Perea €3m

2014/15
Stefan de Vrij €6.5m
Filip Đorđević €0

Those are pretty much the only signings they made who are the right age to be called "talents".

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Btw, just so I have a post in here that's actually on topic :p

I really like Felipe Anderson, I've seen highlights of him mostly and have only watched Lazio play live 3-4 times this season, but whenever I've watched a full game of his he's impressed me too. Really talented player, great dribbler and can score an occasional screamer too. When I first saw him earlier this season, I didn't think he was a young player, don't know why I had the impression that he's been at Lazio for a long time, and just never got his chance.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's a tad too ball greedy for me, but has improved on that. You could say the same about Pereyra too to an extent, but learning when to pass the ball is something players can learn. You can't teach that directness and control.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's a tad too ball greedy for me, but has improved on that. You could say the same about Pereyra too to an extent, but learning when to pass the ball is something players can learn. You can't teach that directness and control.
He's not as bad as Zarate was in that respect imo, I think its an area where he can gradually improve.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Please bring me a coach who has done better than Guardiola has after a treble winning season.

How do you improve on near perfection? Do you think if Heynckes had stayed, he'd have done better?

Let's not forget that Heynckes won nothing in his first season, and even choked at home to a Chelsea side that were no better than Bayern at home. People conveniently forget that, and only remember his last season.

Guardiola has turned Bayern into a dominant team, one that goes to places like Real Madrid, and Real feel they have to change their normal style of play to respond to Bayern. That's how dominant Bayern have become, teams now adapt to them, and not vice versa. That is one of the reasons I believe Pep is a world class coach, he forces others to respond to his style of play. Coaches from Mourinho to Ancelotti have to change their playing styles when they face Pep's teams.

The importance of coaches is vastly overrated. You need a solid club structure with a solid transfer policy and world class players. Barcelona 2008-2012 were arguably one the most talented sides the world has ever witnessed and Bayern is a very organized and very well built club with a big number of decent players (even if I do not believe Bayern has even one world class player, each and everyone of their players is so good and adapted to the club that it doesn't matter within their system).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The importance of coaches is vastly overrated. You need a solid club structure with a solid transfer policy and world class players. Barcelona 2008-2012 were arguably one the most talented sides the world has ever witnessed and Bayern is a very organized and very well built club with a big number of decent players (even if I do not believe Bayern has even one world class players, each and everyone of their players is so good and adapted to the club that it doesn't matter within their system).
wow, i am without speech

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They really don't. It's an incredibly well oiled machine that allows certain players to shine. Robben probably comes closest, but I think he's too predictable and injured too often to be put on the highest level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)