Federico Peluso (22 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I just don't know how people support Juve when they don't dig players like Padoin and Peluso.

Throughout history, Juve squads were always constructed with players of their calibre. Just think of Tacchinardi, Birindelli, Iuliano, Torricelli, Tudor, Maresca ..etc

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I just don't know how people support Juve when they don't dig players like Padoin and Peluso.

Throughout history, Juve squads were always constructed with players of their calibre. Just think of Tacchinardi, Birindelli, Iuliano, Torricelli, Tudor, Maresca ..etc
Though Peluso would be more like Mirkovic if you remember him. :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Tacchinardi and Torricelli were more than decent/average players. Torricelli was a very very good player in fact. Tudor, had it not been for his injuries, could've gone on to become one of the best defenders of his generation. Players like Paramatti, Baiocco, and Bachini are close to the level of Peluso, Padoin, and Giac than the likes of Tudor, Tach, and Torricelli.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Tacchinardi and Torricelli were more than decent/average players. Torricelli was a very very good player in fact. Tudor, had it not been for his injuries, could've gone on to become one of the best defenders of his generation. Players like Paramatti, Baiocco, and Bachini are close to the level of Peluso, Padoin, and Giac than the likes of Tudor, Tach, and Torricelli.
Torricelli remains one of my all time favourites, but could you imagine the reactions if Marotta were to sign someone like him today? Something along the likes of the reactions to the Peluso deal, times a thousand. If not worse.

And you know you're someone who'd be extremely pissed as well.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Torricelli remains one of my all time favourites, but could you imagine the reactions if Marotta were to sign someone like him today? Something along the likes of the reactions to the Peluso deal, times a thousand. If not worse.

And you know you're someone who'd be extremely pissed as well.
You might be right, but we shall never know :D

In all honesty though, back then we had Del Piero, Paolo Sousa, Jugovic, Deschamps, Vialli, and Ravanelli, so we were pretty solid in midfield and attack.

I guess I don't really like or trust Marotta, but if we finally rebuild our attack this summer, I won't be so disappointed if we sign more Pelusos, Padoins, and Giacherrinis.

- - - Updated - - -

He'll be pissed, annoyed and angry.
Perhaps :boh: :klin:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Personally, I rather invest in a 22 year old relative unknown from Caratese than a 29 year old Peluso. Those reactions are bound to be different. Also, the likes of Tacchi, DiLivio, etc came at a younger age and were groomed by the environment. At 29, Peluso is very unlikely going to become another Camoranesi, or that other boy we got from Bari. The one who Lippi transformed into an LB from LW. Forget his name but whoever he was, the point being different comparisons between paying for potential, and paying less for a guy whose perceived to be backup and gets the job done. Just about for me, simply because he makes me very uncomfy with his tackles even when on a yellow.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Personally, I rather invest in a 22 year old relative unknown from Caratese than a 29 year old Peluso. Those reactions are bound to be different. Also, the likes of Tacchi, DiLivio, etc came at a younger age and were groomed by the environment. At 29, Peluso is very unlikely going to become another Camoranesi, or that other boy we got from Bari. The one who Lippi transformed into an LB from LW. Forget his name but whoever he was, the point being different comparisons between paying for potential, and paying less for a guy whose perceived to be backup and gets the job done. Just about for me, simply because he makes me very uncomfy with his tackles even when on a yellow.
yet there are quite a few that hate on giaccherini having been a relative unknown playing in the lower divisions only a few years ago

and that 'other boy' was called zambrotta

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
To be fair no one said anything about him being a next Camoranesi or Zambrotta, those were more significant investments with room for growth, as you say. IIRC both Zambrotta and Camoranesi cost us around €10m all those years ago.

Peluso was a player in the best shape of his career, familiar to Conte, versatile, and perhaps most importantly in a position we needed a bit of back up for.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don't beat around the bush, man. Not "might", I am 100% certain of this & so are you.

Just imagine: this summer Marotta lands us that elusive "true WLB". Only, it's a 22 year old amateur that we sign from Caratese.

Pissed off doesn't even begin to cover how you'd be :D
Bastard :stuckup:

In all honesty, I have more tolerance for youth, so a 22 year old from Caratese, Cremonese, or Pro Patria wouldn't rile me up that much, as he'd be young and with massive room for improvement/potential. As long as we get the SS (Sanchez, Benzema, or Jovetic) I will be a happy man :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
yet there are quite a few that hate on giaccherini having been a relative unknown playing in the lower divisions only a few years ago

and that 'other boy' was called zambrotta

:lol: did you really think I didn't know his name?? Persona non-grata, Badass_Didnt Get Me :)

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair no one said anything about him being a next Camoranesi or Zambrotta, those were more significant investments with room for growth, as you say. IIRC both Zambrotta and Camoranesi cost us around €10m all those years ago.

Peluso was a player in the best shape of his career, familiar to Conte, versatile, and perhaps most importantly in a position we needed a bit of back up for.
I think Camo cost us about 2m from Verona and the other guy was about 4m. I could be wrong about these figures. Playing off what my memory serves me. :)

Though, even if Peluso isn't the next Camo, I can understand. But I personally don't see him on the level of guys like Birindelli and Pessotto, Torricelli, or even Tacchinardi. I buy the versatility argument, those players are very important for every team. I see it with Padoin, I see it with Giaccherini. But I just don't see it with Peluso. His footballing intelligence doesn't make up for his lack of talent u fortunately. I also personally feel Padoin and Giacch have a better work ethic and are less error prone.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
birindelli is one of my all time favorite players. also tudor
tudor was a beast
padoin is like birindelli always giving everything, i remember a game when he owned figo
that was the key of juve for me
a mix of warriors and talent

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think Camo cost us about 2m from Verona and the other guy was about 4m. I could be wrong about these figures. Playing off what my memory serves me. :)
Yeah you are. Zambrotta cost about €15m at the time.

Camoranesi cost €5m co-ownership + another €5m for full ownership.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)