Federico Peluso - LB - Atalanta (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Any "extra cash" would have had to go to some other left side defensive player anyway. People can debate signing a Peluso but signing a left back was always going to be on the cards.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Any "extra cash" would have had to go to some other left side defensive player anyway. People can debate signing a Peluso but signing a left back was always going to be on the cards.
Yeah... It's supposed to be a good player, a real improvement. He is no improvement on De Ceglie or Asamoah, or maybe even Ziegler.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Asamoah isn't a left back - I wish people would stop saying this. He's an improvement on Ziegler as Conte won't play Ziegler. He's not necessarily an improvement on PDC, but is better defensively (and worse going forward). Add to that the fact that Ashton has an injury history, it all boils down to whether we're gonna splash in that spot of save some dosh for the obvious issue up front.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Asamoah isn't a left back - I wish people would stop saying this. He's an improvement on Ziegler as Conte won't play Ziegler. He's not necessarily an improvement on PDC, but is better defensively (and worse going forward). Add to that the fact that Ashton has an injury history, it all boils down to whether we're gonna splash in that spot of save some dosh for the obvious issue up front.
It doesn't matter if LB is not his primary position; it's not a video game where his stats drop if he's played out of position. He's still very good there and seeing as he'd be on the bench otherwise, is a good option to start on the left.

DC actually isn't that bad defensively, while Peluso isn't good... Let's say there's not much of a difference between them there i.e. pointless signing.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He is much better than DC both defensively and offensively. More importantly, he's got a bigger engine on him and is tireless in his runs. Much more of an athlete.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
It doesn't matter if LB is not his primary position; it's not a video game where his stats drop if he's played out of position. He's still very good there and seeing as he'd be on the bench otherwise, is a good option to start on the left.
You must've watched him play more than me then as I don't remember him playing left back at all in the past. I've seen him play LWB twice now in the pre-season and his athleticism made sure that he didn't look like a nerd there. He's an obvious midfielder though.

You should probably also change your sig to Summer 2012: "Asamoah to bench PDC."

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You must've watched him play more than me then as I don't remember him playing left back at all in the past. I've seen him play LWB twice now in the pre-season and his athleticism made sure that he didn't look like a nerd there. He's an obvious midfielder though.

You should probably also change your sig to Summer 2012: "Asamoah to bench PDC."
Why does it matter to you so much what his primary position is if he is superior as a LWB as well?

I don't think you understand the point of the sig.

robbotis

Jun 22, 2012
I don't think Asamoah is superior to PDC as a LWB if that's what you're inferring.
I like Asamaoh a lot. But he's nowhere near as fast as PDC. And PDC can cross better. PDC is one of the faster guys on the squad. Now, his marking and tackling... That's another story.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
In 3-5-2, we have some options, midfielders, even Isla, Asamoah and Caceres, are half decent.
But in 4-3-3, the requirement is defensive solidarity, we kind of lacking options there.
DC has speed and cross, but his marking and positioning are quite poor.

This is what we lack the most and should focus on, if we sign a cheap, and very limited player of Peluso class.
He should at least offer an alternative for that role.
Being half usefull up front is quite useless, Asamoah, DC, Caceres and Isla can offer that and prolly better, even Marchisio or some other CM dude can.

At any case, ideally we should have a dedicated player there and not playing players out of position.
We should start the season with a starter, not a quick fix... (cause injuries/suspensions could cause further upset)
A Licht class wingback cost about 10-15mil, its unacceptable not to have such one and spend 40mil for 2 CM subs...
and then play them as wingbacks, because we didnt bother to buy the starters we need...

Its unacceptable to compromise a starter lot, in expense of fine tuning subs for the line that works the best.
Peluso and Llorente imho are such compromises and they happen because our budget was spent on subs...

With 10 days left on this transfer window, my point of criticism becomes more evident and valid than ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)