Federico Chiesa (36 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
This team sucks at the moment.
It has sucked for a long time. I have been happy just grinding out results the past month. The players needed that mental boost of knowing they can win. But it hasn't hasn't pretty, and I'm not sure we will get there anytime soon. We are yet to see a best or consistent 11 used. Allegri is still a mother month away from probably working out what best suits this team. Even then I don't think he will ever find it...we have a handful of quality players, another handful who are probably just good enough to make the squad and then we have filth that should be banished.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
The guy was running like madman (recovered the ball at least three times, probably more than anyone in the midfield) and one of the best player in first half.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The guy was running like madman (recovered the ball at least three times, probably more than anyone in the midfield) and one of the best player in first half.
that's terrible and shows a lack of intelligence on his end.

he is an attacking player, i want to see him play smart in attack, not sprint around in our own box to win balls.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
that's terrible and shows a lack of intelligence on his end.

he is an attacking player, i want to see him play smart in attack, not sprint around in our own box to win balls.
He's an attacking player for ≈50% of the game and a defensive player for the other ≈50% of the game. The same is true for every single player.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Look at Donnarumma here, 7 Italians in the box but he still runs forward and launches the transition. Szczesny would have looked around few times, then when the opponents are set hed throw it to Bonucci, then Bonucci would pass to Danilo, then Danilo back to Bonucci etc

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Chiesa is trying too hard. He can't do it all by himself like Ronaldo could, so there's no reason to try. He needs to play with more intelligence. But who knows what Allegri is telling him to do since now he's a "striker", or something. Chiesa was seemingly doing fine until then, now the player is more confused than an alter boy in a Comet Pizza bathroom.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Showing he is a team player and gives a fuck if a team is on the counter and runs back to help out isn't a bad thing. It shows others need to lift their game and actually care out there. Ronaldo didn't do it all, others worked for him...chiesa doesn't get that treatment nor should he cuz that isn't how a team should play.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i disagree. ronaldo did it a few times last season and seaons before. i remember during a draw when were down to 10 men ronaldo was back defending the right flank around our corner area in dying minutes.

it's simply bad tactics that players who are good at attacking are being forced to play defensive football.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
[QUOTE="Lion, post: 6427759,

it's simply bad tactics that players who are good at attacking are being forced to play defensive football.[/QUOTE]

Do you think allegri would have wanted chiesa to have to run back like that? I don't think it is a tactical instruction.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
He's played like shit for the last couple of games. It's fine to go through bad spells sometimes, but people are making excuses for his bad performances and putting them on Allegri. He should be our main creative force yet we can barely muster a single goal against minnow sides. I love that Chiesa shows heart and courage by bombarding down to defense on full sprint to win the ball, but I have to agree with Lion here and say that is absolutely destructive to be doing constantly and that is definitely not an Allegri instruction. You do that for the last 10 minutes defending a lead, not at minute 30 when your focus should be sprinting up the flanks.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
why shoot when u can sprint full pace back into own half to win ball that didn't need winning?

- - - Updated - - -

why shoot when u can sprint full pace back into own half to win ball that didn't need winning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)