Federico Chiesa (15 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Certainly the most exciting player we have atm and probably one of the very few positives to emerge out of this total write-off of a season, he’s been nothing short of amazing for us so far.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What? When? He had one good season at Fiorentina. Chiesa was by far more productive, at a younger age too.
Bernardeschi looked better, also in Serie B he announced himself as a future star big time.

There is the clear difference in attitude though. Chiesa looked from his first match like he was completely fearless and had crazy grinta. He seemed like a certainty to succeed in a bigger club. Many posts here saw "Federico from Fiorentina" and assumed Chiesa = Bernardeschi when they really had different profiles.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He didn't change, he is playing like he allways has, just in a bigger team.
his style remained more or less the same, but his end product is completely different. my only concern about him was that, and he made a step forward, in a much heavier jersey, in a tougher competition (cl) too.

his previous seasons:
- '18-19, fiorentina, serie a only: 3038 minutes, 6 goals, 3 assists, a goal or assist in every 338 minutes
- '19-20, serie a: 2651, 10, 6, 166 min
- current season @ juventus, serie a + cl combined: 2361, 11, 8, a goal or assist in every 124 minutes

his end product changed a lot. that's what you call progress.

Jan 22, 2016
Not sure why people are surprised. He hasn't suddenly changed as a player, this is more or less how he looked playing for Fiorentina as well.
No. this is not true.he was very good but not on this lvl. He took the next step this season, improved massively. It's scary, he is just improving game by game.

I still believe he needs to play closer to goal. Try him in Morata position to combine with Ronaldo.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We need a Chiesa clone on the other side of the wing

- - - Updated - - -

I still believe he needs to play closer to goal. Try him in Morata position to combine with Ronaldo.
Nope. Sorry no. Terrible idea.

- - - Updated - - -

The notion that if you play him centrally as a support striker that he'll score more goals is a misconception.

Some players just happen to like their 'freedom' on the flanks. Even some of the best goalscorers you see today play on the wing like Mbappe for example and our very own Ronaldo. If you want Chiesa to become a more efficient goalscorer, it's all about practicing movements in the box, run in behind defenders which guys like Mbappe and Ronaldo are so good at.

Atm I see Chiesa as an outlet rather than an out and out goalscorer and I prefer it stay that way.

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
his style remained more or less the same, but his end product is completely different. my only concern about him was that, and he made a step forward, in a much heavier jersey, in a tougher competition (cl) too.

his previous seasons:
- '18-19, fiorentina, serie a only: 3038 minutes, 6 goals, 3 assists, a goal or assist in every 338 minutes
- '19-20, serie a: 2651, 10, 6, 166 min
- current season @ juventus, serie a + cl combined: 2361, 11, 8, a goal or assist in every 124 minutes

his end product changed a lot. that's what you call progress.
This. And besides one in every how many “promising” Italians turn out good? We have every reason to question whether one is good enough for the big stage.

Chiesa on the other hand has not only the talent but he seems really determined to break through that barrier. He’s got the confidence and aggressiveness a good forward needs.

If only we had one more like him in our midfield...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)