Federico Chiesa (10 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
maybe he could play better from the right now that CR is back?
Let CR handle the attacks from the left... cuadrado and Chiesa to combo on the right
Maybe, but Ronaldo doesn't need a full flank for himself. During CR's time in Juve he has been combining with Matiudi on the left during his 2 seasons which was tragic to see as Matuidi was awful with the ball. Alex Sandro also leaves a lot to be desired.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe, but Ronaldo doesn't need a full flank for himself. During CR's time in Juve he has been combining with Matiudi on the left during his 2 seasons which was tragic to see as Matuidi was awful with the ball. Alex Sandro also leaves a lot to be desired.
I know, the dudes that are behind him must provide cover and help for him. What i mean is that CR is enuff to command the attack from that flank...Chiesas and the likes trying to do their personal moves there would just be a hindrance for CR

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I can already see the story of Chiesa forming. It will be similar to Cuadrado's whole career here. He will undeniably have absolutely outrageously bad moments where you think he has never played football before and then you will look up and see he had an assist and won a penalty, and you will think how the fuck did he do that?

Because he will try and try again and just bludgeon his way to something.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
High-end Simone Pepe. Good second half, doesn’t stop running for a second, always working hard - even when a lot of his efforts come to nothing.
thats actually a great compliment.

I like him, also like that as soon as CR was subbed in we moved away from playing Cuadrado ball on the right to looking more for Chiesa on the left. He's so good at accelerating by defenders inside the penalty box.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
thats actually a great compliment.

I like him, also like that as soon as CR was subbed in we moved away from playing Cuadrado ball on the right to looking more for Chiesa on the left. He's so good at accelerating by defenders inside the penalty box.
Oh believe me, I used the Pepe comparison as a compliment. He was a limited but very useful player for us, especially in that 11/12 season.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He gets so much hate, but for me, he does make things happen:
- great assist to Rabiot,
- got the penalty,
I like him so far, ppl speak about Costa, but was Costa influence any better? its not like he scored or assisted so much for us.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
- got the penalty,
I like him so far, ppl speak about Costa, but was Costa influence any better? its not like he scored or assisted so much for us.
He had another solid game. Should have buried his chance in the first half. The guys who are willing this guy to become another Berna are just pathetic. The two players are nothing alike.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He had another solid game. Should have buried his chance in the first half. The guys who are willing this guy to become another Berna are just pathetic. The two players are nothing alike.
yea, the biggest difference is that one is dedicated to football and is a workhorse, while the other one seem to be more interested in playing his guitar than improving his abilities as footballer. Chiesa is nothing like Berna.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
- got the penalty,
No doubt. It's because he doesn't have a clean style. His dribbling is a bit ugly and haphazard. They can go either way but, then again, so do most dribbles and not least Douglas Costa's or Bernardeschi's who are those 'clean' looking type of players. He is like Pepe with much more skill. I think he could become like Nedved given how he runs his arse off and that powerful shot on him. There's a fighting determination in him that so many previous wingers we've bought have lacked - literally all of them except for Pepe and Cuadrado.

People are hard on him because he was overpaid for, as a young Italian from Fiorentina no less, and the terrible luck we've had with wingers lately haunts them. I'm trying to think of what kind of winger people would actually be pleased with... there aren't too many special ones around at the moment. I reckon technical, clean, fast wingers like Di Maria have become unfashionable in football. Most wingers of note are really strikers or are at least very direct type of players. Maybe I'm wrong - here's the apparent top 20 wingers of 2020 ... https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-20-fifa-20-best-wingers-lw-rw-lm-rm-6128

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
I like him so far. Pass before Rabiot’s goal was very nice; simple and effective. Something I haven’t seen for a while at Juve.

Im okay with him having some underwhelming performances as the one against Barcelona. As long as he gives everything on the field. He needs some polishing before becoming a real
top player, but is still very young and for sure has the mentality to work towards that level.

Any other year we would’ve signed Willian on a 4 year contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)