Federico Chiesa (26 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
what do you think of his defending abilities?
Did we see any of them? Was mostly attacking, and the positional changes with Kulu made him not thinking about defending. The goal we scored is everything we want to see from him, using his pace at that side to provide width. It’s early days, the same with Morata last week, maybe Pirlo brought him to fast. Need some tactical training to understand that role, meanwhile Pirlo don’t need to overcomplicate things. Keep Kulu at the center, Chiesa at the right side. Defending for midfielders is mainly positioning. Cuadrado made the same transition after playing as a wingers for years, it was easy to see that he understood his role better yesterday as he brought a lot of balance.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I just saw Kessié’s challenge on Hakimi, it was far worse than Chiesa’s and he was not sent off. I got a feeling we haven’t seen the last of this type of disgraceful refereeing decisions against us. They will do everything they can to slow us down this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I just saw Kessié’s challenge on Hakimi, it was far worse than Chiesa’s and he was not sent off. I got a feeling we haven’t seen the last of this type of disgraceful refereeing decisions against us. They will do everything they can to slow us down this year.

Penalty was a joke, even GdS called it harsh, same as red card. But we didnt play Real or Barcelona so that these kind of mistakes should have mattered in the end. We played Crotone, one of the worst sides in Serie A, so in the end we have only ourselves to blame for lacklustre performance.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Penalty was a joke, even GdS called it harsh, same as red card. But we didnt play Real or Barcelona so that these kind of mistakes should have mattered in the end. We played Crotone, one of the worst sides in Serie A, so in the end we have only ourselves to blame for lacklustre performance.
I agree, we should be mopping the floor with opposition such as Crotone. However, the team is missing key players and there were no preseason friendlies to test formations and tactics. These are exceptional times and Pirlo needs time to implement his ideas. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until early December before fully judging him.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I agree, we should be mopping the floor with opposition such as Crotone. However, the team is missing key players and there were no preseason friendlies to test formations and tactics. These are exceptional times and Pirlo needs time to implement his ideas. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until early December before fully judging him.

No one is judging him yet just saying that there was enough quality out there to beat that shitty side and not to be carved open at times it was a piss poor performance.
Sarri didnt get that luxury so neither should PIrlo just because its PIrlo otherwise you will turn into united rat fans who make every excuse in the book to deflect any blame from the fact that Ole is a terrible coach.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tbh, he wasn't terrible (he provided the assist for the goal ffs!) but that tackle was fucking stupid.

I think he can offer a lot with his direct running, energy and crossing, but let's not expect him to turn into some world class world beater, because he simply isn't.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
How many match will Chiesa suspended ?
one match is the default for a "normal" red card. if you hit your opponent, or do a totti/costa, that's 3 matches. the disciplinary committee should release their judgements today, i'd be very surprised to see anything else than a single match suspension.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Most people will agree that fixing the midfield was more important. Arthur and the American Sturaro? Yeah right. We just keep accumulating mediocrity in midfield.

Even more so if Pirlo is planning to play 352.
Apparently it was between this guy and Aouar, Pirlo chose this guy.
The nationalistic agenda is clear as day @Cronios

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Who knows. He could turn out to be a rich man's Krasic or he could become the new Nedved. He's that sort of player though - direct, powerful, dynamic but not particularly fancy. Whether those kind of players become world class or end up getting found out has a lot to do with their intelligence. He has a powerful shot so he needs to take his chances unlike D. Costa and Bernardeschi who you always expect to curl them in but invariably disappoint. One thing I've noticed from his Viola days is that he's a harder, more determined worker than those two and even though we have a few pacey forwards, Chiesa has a bit of grit as well which we've been missing.

I like the mix of him and Kulusevski though. Kulu (and of course Dybala) can reward those penetrating runs. I reckon they'll complement each other well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)

• Alin