Federico Chiesa (11 Viewers)

May 26, 2016
what do you think of his defending abilities?
Not very good, but i dont know if this game is the right game for him to be judged. The whole team looked confused and played in a weird shape. I have seen him do well for Italy defensively before, im sure its more of a case of adapting rather than him actually not being capable to defend.

Jun 16, 2020
what do you think of his defending abilities?
Did we see any of them? Was mostly attacking, and the positional changes with Kulu made him not thinking about defending. The goal we scored is everything we want to see from him, using his pace at that side to provide width. It’s early days, the same with Morata last week, maybe Pirlo brought him to fast. Need some tactical training to understand that role, meanwhile Pirlo don’t need to overcomplicate things. Keep Kulu at the center, Chiesa at the right side. Defending for midfielders is mainly positioning. Cuadrado made the same transition after playing as a wingers for years, it was easy to see that he understood his role better yesterday as he brought a lot of balance.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I just saw Kessié’s challenge on Hakimi, it was far worse than Chiesa’s and he was not sent off. I got a feeling we haven’t seen the last of this type of disgraceful refereeing decisions against us. They will do everything they can to slow us down this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad

May 23, 2011
I just saw Kessié’s challenge on Hakimi, it was far worse than Chiesa’s and he was not sent off. I got a feeling we haven’t seen the last of this type of disgraceful refereeing decisions against us. They will do everything they can to slow us down this year.

Penalty was a joke, even GdS called it harsh, same as red card. But we didnt play Real or Barcelona so that these kind of mistakes should have mattered in the end. We played Crotone, one of the worst sides in Serie A, so in the end we have only ourselves to blame for lacklustre performance.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Penalty was a joke, even GdS called it harsh, same as red card. But we didnt play Real or Barcelona so that these kind of mistakes should have mattered in the end. We played Crotone, one of the worst sides in Serie A, so in the end we have only ourselves to blame for lacklustre performance.
I agree, we should be mopping the floor with opposition such as Crotone. However, the team is missing key players and there were no preseason friendlies to test formations and tactics. These are exceptional times and Pirlo needs time to implement his ideas. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until early December before fully judging him.

Oct 3, 2018
I agree, we should be mopping the floor with opposition such as Crotone. However, the team is missing key players and there were no preseason friendlies to test formations and tactics. These are exceptional times and Pirlo needs time to implement his ideas. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until early December before fully judging him.

No one is judging him yet just saying that there was enough quality out there to beat that shitty side and not to be carved open at times it was a piss poor performance.
Sarri didnt get that luxury so neither should PIrlo just because its PIrlo otherwise you will turn into united rat fans who make every excuse in the book to deflect any blame from the fact that Ole is a terrible coach.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Contributor
Jan 26, 2009
Tbh, he wasn't terrible (he provided the assist for the goal ffs!) but that tackle was fucking stupid.

I think he can offer a lot with his direct running, energy and crossing, but let's not expect him to turn into some world class world beater, because he simply isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)