Federico Chiesa (70 Viewers)

Jan 22, 2016
:agree:

Ronaldo-Morata-Chiesa front 3 should be automatic in every big game going forward.
Unpopular opinion here
but I would like us to go with Chiesa - Moratta- Kulu in big games.
The way we pressed the shit out of Lazio mid and defence and pined them back was rarest thing we have done in recent years.

2 of our goals came from forcing their players making errors under pressure.

I think if we want to win something in Europe we should feild 10 players who are able to run their lungs out.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Unpopular opinion here
The way we pressed the shit out of Lazio mid and defence and pined them back was rarest thing we have done in recent years.

I think if we want to win something in Europe we should feild 10 players who are able to run their lungs out.
I like the idea of moving to a younger, harder working, harder pressing front 3... but Ronaldo’s goalscoring acumen makes him an unbenchable player while here... with the hard work and chance creation of Morata-Chiesa, Ronaldo could thrive beside them if he can be rotated more in meaningless games and stay fresh for the big ones.

I’d seriously consider selling/allowing him to choose his next club this summer and using those funds to fix the midfield. I don’t know if Kulu is the answer up front, he started really well, but has stagnated a bit since then... I’d like to see more of him in a fixed role on the attacking wing of a 4-3-3 to get a better idea of if he can thrive there.

Jan 22, 2016
I like the idea of moving to a younger, harder working, harder pressing front 3... but Ronaldo’s goalscoring acumen makes him an unbenchable player while here... with the hard work and chance creation of Morata-Chiesa, Ronaldo could thrive beside them if he can be rotated more in meaningless games and stay fresh for the big ones.

I’d seriously consider selling/allowing him to choose his next club this summer and using those funds to fix the midfield. I don’t know if Kulu is the answer up front, he started really well, but has stagnated a bit since then... I’d like to see more of him in a fixed role on the attacking wing of a 4-3-3 to get a better idea of if he can thrive there.
I only think about this possibility because Morata has shown to be a deadly striker this season. He isn't as wasteful as he used to be and his visions has improved massively under Pirlo surly. He is a different beast right now. Top 5 best CF in world for sure.

About Kulu I think we should see the bigger picture here. He helps us to press and take out the most important midfielder of the oppositions. If you notice his game he is always close to a midfielder and takes him out of game. This simple trick has helped us to conceding less goal opportunities than any team in the league despite having afwul mid and injured defence line.

And about Ronaldo, I would only sacrifice him for top top midfielder or Holland.

- - - Updated - - -

And I completely agree about Ronaldo playing lesser games to save energy. He is playing more games than we he was 33 under Zidane.
This leada him to save energy during games and runs less and less and as a result makes everything harder for us in the end.

Last edited:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Unpopular opinion here

Thank you sir

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Unpopular opinion here

No way i would bench ronaldo for this Kuylusevski. For any kulusevski for that matter

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Unpopular opinion here

Hard pressing isn't always the solution in key games though, and Lazio is not necessarily that "big team" which you should use as a benchmark performance from now on. Some games you have to play like we did against Barcelona and Roma, where you sit back and absorb pressure, and then kill them on counters. We were surprisingly comfortable in those two wins, and if you remember Ronaldo was quite generously backtracking aswell. I do agree that this was one of our most comfortable games against the top 6 teams and I'd like to take several notes on this moving forwards, but throwing out Ronaldo completely in favour of Kulusevski and putting Chiesa on his less preferred side is quite an overkill reaction....

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hard pressing isn't always the solution in key games though, and Lazio is not necessarily that "big team" which you should use as a benchmark performance from now on. Some games you have to play like we did against Barcelona and Roma, where you sit back and absorb pressure, and then kill them on counters. We were surprisingly comfortable in those two wins, and if you remember Ronaldo was quite generously backtracking aswell. I do agree that this was one of our most comfortable games against the top 6 teams and I'd like to take several notes on this moving forwards, but throwing out Ronaldo completely in favour of Kulusevski and putting Chiesa on his less preferred side is quite an overkill reaction....
:tup:

A front 3 of Ronaldo-Morata-Chiesa would be just deadly on the counter. As well as being able to press very hard if required due to the amount of hard work Morata and Chiesa are willing to put in. Those two also drag defenders all over which leaves a lot of space for Ronaldo to go to work in.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:tup:

A front 3 of Ronaldo-Morata-Chiesa would be just deadly on the counter. As well as being able to press very hard if required due to the amount of hard work Morata and Chiesa are willing to put in. Those two also drag defenders all over which leaves a lot of space for Ronaldo to go to work in.
We need an agile beast CM behind them who can help make that quick transition from defense to attack. Rabiot has that ability and we've often seen him do that but he lacks a brain unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 59)