Federico Chiesa - AM RL, SS - Fiorentina (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Why do we need another right winger when we already have Kulusevski and Bernardeschi with Douglas Costa on loan to BM?

I think he's a fine player but don't really see why we need him
Chiesa has nothing to do with Kulusevski or Berna in terms of his position/role within the team.

He is a replacement for Costa and then eventually Cuadrado.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Osman - old man Sergio wanted me to let you know he is quite impressed with this move and most pleased with our current youth movement and lowering the squad age.

:grin:

and next move should be Gio Reyna in the next year or two
Tell him I will miss my fellow Chiesa fan (and general fan of Italian talents) around here. I can't wait to see him play for Juve.

And yeah when push comes to shove, it's undeniable youth movement. We got rid of (some for the season only) 33 year olds in Higauin and Matuidi, 30 year olds in Pjanic and Costa, 28 year old De Sciglio. And all our signings are from oldest to youngest 27 year old Morata, 23 year old Arthur, 22 year olds in Chiesa and Mckennie, 20 year old in Kulusevski, and promoted 21 year old Frabotta. The purpose of this all is clear, considerably lowering the age of the oldest team in the league.

Edit: forgot Rugani loan lol, he is 25? Or 26, I forget.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Can Cuadrado play in Danilo's spot?
Holy shit that would be a bad reckless idea, it was experimental enough making him RB from outright winger, the discipline of being CB whole another species. Before considering this, Pirlo is better off playing a real 4 man defence if the options ever became that short for CBs. And if it came to that 3 CBs is a must at all times, we better off promoting youth players for that need.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I think Juve want to chance with Chiesa because he runs like a workhorse. Reminds me of Immobile. Back then couldn't understand why Italian coaches preferred Immobile to Gabbiadini or Destro. Maybe with his work ethic he'll come good.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Holy shit that would be a bad reckless idea, it was experimental enough making him RB from outright winger, the discipline of being CB whole another species. Before considering this, Pirlo is better off playing a real 4 man defence if the options ever became that short for CBs. And if it came to that 3 CBs is a must at all times, we better off promoting youth players for that need.
Danilo is only a CB when in possession. Defensively, he’s still a right back.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Danilo is only a CB when in possession. Defensively, he’s still a right back.
True but being CB in possesion is still being a CB. And even without possesion he tucks in alot to support. Its a job Danilo can do because he is a natural tactically conservative fullback with size, has played DM and CB before so is not new to it even if limited.

While Cuadrado is entirely a wide player with learned instincts to harass and tackle at need, works hard at his new tasks. But his defensive tactical experience is limited to that, since he is new to being a defender in overall. Not to mention his biggiest asset as a player is getting out of tight spots by beating his man, not a habit you wanna see your 3rd CB indulge in too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)