Federico Chiesa - AM RL, SS - Fiorentina (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see him as a 7/10 talent with 10/10 effort, so it makes a solid 8/10 player. I'm not really sure what players are worth now but €50m or so over some long deal doesn't sound unreasonable.

The issue with Juve is always the same - game time, weight of the shirt, you have to make an impact when you play. This is the move he has wanted for a long time so he has to take his chances.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I just hope Juve holds the CL trophy while he is part of the team. I'm confused with these Euro football money issues to work around but my limited view says Juve is being run more by accountants than football knowledge people.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Not sure what to think about Chiesa. I was against the Bernardeschi transfer from the get go. I am cautiously optimistic on Chiesa though - even though I think the price is a little steep.

The thing about him is that he has so much experience as a protagonist for Fiorentina already and he is still only 22 (feels like he has been around for ages). Has good pace and good skill - and importantly has a great attitude and works his ass off. Compared to someone like Costa (without injury) I don't think he has the same amount of skill when it comes to beating the defender but I feel he has a much better football brain - you can see that from many of his assists and plays. I have seen him play well on both flanks both from an out and out wing forward to wing back. Plus you could always use him as the 4th striker in emergencies.

Irony is that I have a gut feeling that under Pirlo, Bernardeschi may find his best position as a left wing back. He was always put on the right as an attacking forward but his right foot was always average and always cut in on his left - as a wing back on the left I think he could really shine actually. However, I get the feeling that Pirlo's system is somewhat asymmetric - i.e in defence it becomes a back 4 with Danilo and Sandro as full backs - so the right wing back is the more attacking one.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Not sure what to think about Chiesa. I was against the Bernardeschi transfer from the get go. I am cautiously optimistic on Chiesa though - even though I think the price is a little steep.

The thing about him is that he has so much experience as a protagonist for Fiorentina already and he is still only 22 (feels like he has been around for ages). Has good pace and good skill - and importantly has a great attitude and works his ass off. Compared to someone like Costa (without injury) I don't think he has the same amount of skill when it comes to beating the defender but I feel he has a much better football brain - you can see that from many of his assists and plays. I have seen him play well on both flanks both from an out and out wing forward to wing back. Plus you could always use him as the 4th striker in emergencies.

Irony is that I have a gut feeling that under Pirlo, Bernardeschi may find his best position as a left wing back. He was always put on the right as an attacking forward but his right foot was always average and always cut in on his left - as a wing back on the left I think he could really shine actually. However, I get the feeling that Pirlo's system is somewhat asymmetric - i.e in defence it becomes a back 4 with Danilo and Sandro as full backs - so the right wing back is the more attacking one.
Good points, we will just have to see how it plays out, but looking like a nice transfer to cap off the mercato.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
he is yes, but is that seriously where players in Florence take their medicals? I bet there are used condoms and syringes lying on the floor
That’s Italian architecture, it looks perfectly fine. Many countries like to keep their history intact, it might appear old and dirty to foreigners but I’m sure there aren’t any used condoms or syringes lying around where a professional NT player is having his medicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I like him. Talented and works hard from the little I have seen. Saw him once or twice this year but when I saw him he seemed to play as a lone striker IIRC and the commentators were saying he was being played out of position but only because he was the only available option at the time. He didn't have any impact when I saw him then, or end product or perhaps a better description. I'd rather not make comparisons with Berna because he should be compared with someone that can or has made an impact at the level Juve is on... and Berna hasn't. Given his performance in terms of chances created, goals, and assists, he does seem on par with others in his age at big clubs. I know talks here about playing him as a RWB. But as much as I like Morata, I'd rather give Chiesa a chance in his spot instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)