Federico Chiesa - AM RL, SS - Fiorentina (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We've basically spent 105m on Morata and Chiesa.

Two players coming off very underwhelming seasons. Chiesa a player who we appear to be signing to play in a position that he has barely played in during his career.

We can celebrate about how we are spreading the payments all we like but the fact is that these are huge fees, at a time where spending has been curbed.

Chiesa has potential but to act like Paratici has pulled off some sort of heist on Fiorentina is ridiculous.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If this is true... I’m truly without words

this probably is the best deal Paratici has ever made... I’m speechless
FI says there is also a clause which says Juve must buy him should we end up in the top 4 (No one was able to take a Scudetto in Sarri era so Im pretty sure a top 4 is guaranteed...)
If its true - Its not if some conditions will occur but more like a definite obligation.. Even the most delusional fan/hater would say Juve end up in top 4..

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Two players coming off very underwhelming seasons. Chiesa a player who we appear to be signing to play in a position that he has barely played in during his career.

We can celebrate about how we are spreading the payments all we like but the fact is that these are huge fees, at a time where spending has been curbed.

Chiesa has potential but to act like Paratici has pulled off some sort of heist on Fiorentina is ridiculous.
this. Its not like the figures going through the press 70-80mil were ever real or near his value.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

The Chiesa deal is not horrible. But if we spend 55M on Morata, we're insane.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
50m for Chiesa payed mostly in 2022 is a solid deal. Gives us 2 years of a quality player without much financial impact on our budget & in 2022/2023 Ronaldo will probably be off the books and our revenue will be higher than it is now.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If we had that for Berna we still wouldn't have signed him.
that clause might just be some hindsight from tici lol

btw chiesa always reached those numbers with a lot less attacking team since his first full season. i'd bet on him reaching 10g10a in his first 2 seasons here unless a serious injury happens to him.

Screenshot_20201004-214404.png

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
that clause might just be some hindsight from tici lol

btw chiesa always reached those numbers with a lot less attacking team since his first full season. i'd bet on him reaching 10g10a in his first 2 seasons here unless a serious injury happens to him.

Screenshot_20201004-214404.png
If we play him as a wing back it might be hard to get 10 (league) goals.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's a great deal because first two seasons are quite painless. But not really fap worthy considering it's gonna be 40mln added. IMO Chiesa is not a 50mln player from what we've seen so far.

Overall it's just a decent deal. I expected a bigger name and more proven quality addition since we're chasing CL title.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Please, please God, have mercy on us, let us dodge this bullet, our transfer window already was disastrous enough, please don't ruin our hopes for the next 5 years as well!
We will never be able to get rid of Berna, Morata and Chiesa, no one will buy them, or offer them the money we did.
We will be stucked with them and their salaries for many years, thus disabling us a chance to come back after finding a half decent transfer manager.
Next year CR7 will leave, as his contract expires and those three and Dybs are all terrible at scoring, we are going to enter a dark scoreless decade again

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If we play him as a wing back it might be hard to get 10 (league) goals.
in 2 seasons, in the most dominant team of the league, working hard for the biggest contract of his career, with dybala and a hopefully healthy duo of ramsey and arthur behind him? i'd be very disappointed if he couldn't reach that number, but we'll see.

btw he's not a wingback, that's my biggest concern with him. he can press, but meh in duels. he's a textbook winger for me, even more than kulu, who's been more versatile than chiesa. :boh:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus will be obliged to sign Chiesa if they finish in the top 4, if Fede plays 60% of the games for a minimum of 30 minutes & if he scores 10 goals & provides 10 assists during his loan spell. (Sky)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
All
Juventus will be obliged to sign Chiesa if they finish in the top 4, if Fede plays 60% of the games for a minimum of 30 minutes & if he scores 10 goals & provides 10 assists during his loan spell. (Sky)
All 3 conditions must be met i guess.
We will buy him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)