Federico Chiesa - AM RL, SS - Fiorentina (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm a big fan of Chiesa and don't care if we use big money on him. I think he has the right character to succeed here.
He's an unnecessary purchase. Buy a physical B2B and a proper CB (understudy to Chiello) and then think about this overrated turd. We shouldn't be prioritizing a Cuntiesa purchase, especially not at the expense of Dybala (probably not even at the expense of Costa).

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I like him. He is a very talented player, and could play the part of the hardworking balance player in a front three, who allows the two more talented players, to be less active when defending, while at the same time being able to contribute offensively.

However the rumored price is ridiculous. 50-60m would be okay in todays market but 80m is way over the top.

Jun 6, 2015
He's an unnecessary purchase. Buy a physical B2B and a proper CB (understudy to Chiello) and then think about this overrated turd. We shouldn't be prioritizing a Cuntiesa purchase, especially not at the expense of Dybala (probably not even at the expense of Costa).
That's the thing, I don't think he is in any way overrated. I don't want to lose Dybala either though.

Oct 23, 2011
Meh, would be very underwhelming to spend a big chunk of our budget on this guy. Don't get me wrong, he is clearly promising but is definitely not better than what we have right now. I think he is here to replace Costa, which would be a very disappointing move.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That would be retarded, but we've done stupid shit before. In that case, a public execution of whoever sanctions that deal is definitely in order.

- - - Updated - - -

:howler: :rofl: 80 million. Fuck off. Ridiculous.
you need to realize its not 2016 anymore. since Neymar and Mbappe moved to Paris, 80M is pocket change. Fiorentina is just taking advantage of the fucket up market that is in place now, and theyre right to do so

- - - Updated - - -

exactly

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:agree: Just like Lazio wanted 100+ million for SMS. We all know how that turned out. For 80 million we can surely get someone better, whether it be from Ligue 1 or Die Bundesliga.
If you are trying to compare this to what i said you are obviously missing the crucial component of someone being willing to pay it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If you are trying to compare this to what i said you are obviously missing the crucial component of someone being willing to pay it.
I'm not so sure someone is willing to pay it. Tare and the Lazio director(s) and president claimed that they received offers of 100+ million for their player. Nonetheless, the reality is he's still a Lazio player. Apparently, there were clubs willing to pay the asking price for him, and yet he's still playing for Lazio.

I think clubs are probably willing to part with 50-60 million for Chiesa, but definitely not beyond that. Fiorentina may very well want 80 million for him, but I highly doubt they're getting it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm not so sure someone is willing to pay it. Tare and the Lazio director(s) and president claimed that they received offers of 100+ million for their player. Nonetheless, the reality is he's still a Lazio player. Apparently, there were clubs willing to pay the asking price for him, and yet he's still playing for Lazio.
yes that was my point

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't mind having him here, but not for 80, not even 60 million. That's way too much.

I also think we need a CB and a quality B2B mid before we go apeshit for this kid. Priorities.
I would be fine buying Chiesa for whatever we can sell Costa for if we decide to sell Costa. If we are keeping Costa, I don’t see a lot of point in Chiesa this summer. Bigger priorities are obviously midfield and CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)